35 | Telling their tale

┏━━━━━━━━┓

The story of my life

┗━━━━━━━━┛

"Any more questions?" Talia asked her sister and friend

"Yes." Jordan raised her hand. "Do we have mates?"

Talia didn't answer. She just smiled mysteriously and opened the door.

"Talia!" Jordan called. "We do, don't we?"

Talia smirked and walked downstairs. Jordan ran after her. Jordan grabbed Talia's arm, bringing her to a stop. "Tell me." She hissed.

Talia thought for a moment. "No." Talia yanked her arm from her best friend and entered the living room.

"No?" Jordan mouthed. "Talia?" Jordan barged into the room and froze again at the sight of the Originals.

"Nik? Do you have two extra rooms for Matty and Jordan?" Talia asked.

Nik frowned. "No. I only have the one you are staying in."

Elijah opened his mouth and was elbowed by Rebekah. Rebekah gestured with her eyes to Kol then back to Talia.

Talia opened her mouth to protest when Niklaus continued. "You have our four rooms. Then you have Finn's room, the room our mother used where she still has things in. In all that is six rooms. And the only extra room was and is now yours Talia. In all this house has seven bedrooms."

Talia frowned. "Looks like we have to share. Matty, Jordan we can-"

"No need for that, Darling. You can share with me." Kol interrupted, looking at Talia.

Talia blushed. "Kol?"

"Oh, that works perfectly. Miss Cooper and Miss Young can have Talia's old room and we can move Talia into Kol's room." Elijah spoke.

A timer went off in the kitchen when Talia moved to protest. "Look at that, Love, your lunch is ready." Nik walked off to the kitchen to take the food out of the oven.

"Okay. I will help you move Talia." Rebekah hooked her arm through Talia's and pulled her upstairs. Jordan shot glares at Rebekah.

Elijah and Kol exchanged looks. They hoped that things wouldn't get messy between Rebekah and Jordan.

Kol caught Talia's eyes as she left the room. Her stare was uncomfortable. Kol fought hard not to squirm. He succeeded when Talia was pulled from his sight. Kol let out a sigh of relief.

"She's on to us brother." Kol spoke in his home language.

Elijah looked amused. "It would seem so." He responded back using English.

Matty and Jordan were standing awkwardly by the couch. They didn't know what to do.

Matty huffed and moved to sit down on the couch. "What exactly has been happening? I know Talia edited stuff. Care to explain?"

Jordan sat next to Matty with her own steely glare.

Kol and Elijah shared looks again. Elijah sat down in an armchair close to Jordan. He didn't know why, he just wanted to be close to her. Kol sat down as well.

"Talia arrived here the night I was going to be killed." Kol started. "I was being burned by Jeremy Gilbert with vervain when in comes this girl and she throws herself between me and the spray. Elena moved her aside.

The little Gilbert comes after me with the stake and Talia throws herself in it's path. The stake was embedded in her shoulder. I was in shock. Here is this human who I have never met in my life and she took a stake for me.

Jeremy was trying to get the stake from her shoulder to kill me, Elena was lost in the bloodlust, and I snapped out of it as I heard my brother coming. So, I picked up the girl and I ran here. She passed out on the trip and I gave her my blood.

I questioned her when she showed up and it didn't even phase her. I didn't believe her about the tv show thing until she gave me proof. We were talking and Bekah came home. This little human was fascinating. She can't be compelled, even when she was human, she could read me like a book, and she made instant friends with Bekah."

Kol paused for a moment.

"The next morning we had a bit of a spat and I left the house. Talia tracked me down and we had a talk. I was being a bit of a cad and Talia stormed from the building.

The next thing I knew was that Talia had defended my family against Elena and her friends. Talia passed out at the first sign of her powers. She came into what she is now, over the course of five hours. Rebekah was there from the beginning.

We all eventually came to be by her. She first became a werewolf. Then next thing was her witch side and the last was her vampire side. Over the course of the next three days, Talia almost killed Damon, froze us accidentally with her magic and skipped out on lessons to go shopping with Bekah."

Elijah took over for a moment. "We finally got around to teaching her and then came Silas and the island. She was temporarily killed by a witch who wanted to speak with her. I don't mean killed like vampire snapped neck die. I mean her skin went grey and her veins showed." Elijah looked haunted.

Kol clenched his fist and looked down at that. He knew that she had died, but Elijah describing it pounded that fact home.

"We ended up giving Silas the cure. We made our way back home and just got here about six hours ago." Elijah continued. "You have to understand something Miss Young. Talia may have been here for two weeks, but we have come to love her as family. You hurting her like that will not be tolerated, sister or not." Elijah stood up and buttoned his suit jacket. Elijah sent a look at Kol and left the room.

Matty got up to leave as well, when Kol spoke. "She never stopped talking about you."

Matty froze.

"Both of you." Kol flicked his eyes between both girls. "Whenever we talked about moving away, she refused to even think about it until you showed up. She wanted to travel the world with us but she really wanted you to be there more. She even kept going on about the fun times she had with the both of you." Kol stood up and left the room as well. "Think about it."

Matty and Jordan exchanged tearful looks. Talia never forgot them. Even when she had new friends. They vowed right then that they would follow Talia into anything.

Matty and Jordan fell to the floor screaming in pain.