46 | preparing to depart

┏━━━━━━━━┓

But I know
you're leaving

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia wiped her eyes

Talia wiped her eyes. "We need to have a meeting with the Scooby gang before we go. I have unfinished business with them."

Kol rubbed his hand along her back. Talia shifted out of his reach. Kol frowned.

"I will set it up. I think they might meet us as long as you play nice." Elijah told her, gently.

"No promises. Elena has to die. She will be a huge problem in the future if I don't." Talia explained. At everyone's looks, Talia elaborated. "It doesn't matter if Elena flips the switch or not at Jeremy's death. Whether he lives a long life or not, Elena will come after me in her grief. She will always hate me for threatening him and for what I did to Damon. As a vampire our feelings are heightened. She will be so heartbroken that she will get angry. Besides, I have a score to settle with her."

Elijah opened his mouth to protest when Talia leveled him with a look. "She killed Finn. She almost killed Nik. She daggered Rebekah. She daggered you. She betrayed you. She almost killed Kol. We all know that if I wasn't there, Kol would be dead. I nearly was late in saving him. I know you guys haven't been innocent in all of this. I know that Nik killed her Aunt Jenna and inadvertently killed her Uncle John. I know that your mother killed Alaric. I know that you want to live peacefully here, but that will never happen. Not as long as Elena lives. All I need to do is bite her. Like Nik my bite will kill vampires. Unlike him, it only works if I intend to harm or if the individual has harmed your family."

Elijah snapped his mouth shut. "You have a point. What we did is less what they have done. I will arrange the meeting."

"Thank you." Talia stood up. "I need to find Matty. Let me know when the meeting is." Talia ran from the room before Kol could follow her.

Kol frowned and looked after her. "What is wrong with her?"

Jordan sighed. "From what I know of Talia is that she hates being seen as weak. She will never cry in front of someone. If she does she avoids them until they have forgotten it. Consider yourself very close family if she cries in front of you. I can count the number of times I have seen Talia cry on one hand. The same amount of times, I had to confront her. Don't give up on her." Jordan stood up. She gazed wistfully outside for a moment. "I need to go do something." Jordan left the room.

Rebekah got up as well. "I need to finish packing." Rebekah also left.

Elijah stared at Kol for a moment. "Are you finished packing?"

"Yes." Kol said. "Talia and I got the last of it last night."

"You might want to pack everything that is important. I don't know what the Salvatores will do after Elena is dead. The might burn this place down. I know Niklaus is packing his paintings. Rebekah is packing her shoes. I am packing my office. We have movers coming this afternoon. You might want to pack all of your witch artifacts you have collected over the years." Elijah stood up. "We leave tonight at sundown." Elijah left the kitchen.