22 | I promised

┏━━━━━━━━┓

It's a promise Love

┗━━━━━━━━┛

As soon as Talia went into her room she immediately lit a piece of sage

As soon as Talia went into her room she immediately lit a piece of sage. Kol had showed her that trick a few days ago.

Talia sat on the window seat with her legs to her chest. She curled her arms around her knees and rocked back and forth. It was all hitting her now. She would never see her old world again. Her cat Stormy. Her warm cozy apartment she shared with Matty. Even her best friend and neighbor Jordan Cooper.

Talia cried into her arms.

A pair of warm arms circled around her. Not the ones she was wanting. "It's okay." Rebekah's voice soothed. "Elijah is just grumpy because you took Kol out."

"Th-that's not why I am cr-crying." Talia hiccuped.

"It's not? Then why are you crying?" Rebekah pulled Talia further into her chest.

"I-I'm cr-crying because I just realized I will never see home again. My cat. My little apartment. It wasn't much but it was all Matty and I had. Matty probably hates me. I promised I would never leave her. 'No matter what I will never leave you.' That is our thing. You guys have your 'Always and forever' thing. We have ours. Matty probably went back with our egg donor and her new boytoy. I will miss my friends. I have a best friend. You would have loved her. Her name was Jordan. She was a big fan of this show as I was. Maybe bigger." Talia laughed a little then hiccuped again. "She had a thing for Elijah. I hope Matty is staying with Jordan. Every Friday night we would gather at Jordan's apartment and we would watch the new episode. Matty would huff and whine but she secretly loved it. We each had our favorite person. I was always a Kol and Rebekah fan. Jordan liked Elijah and Finn. Matty was a Niklaus fan. Matty also liked Jeremy. The brat." Talia scoffed, slowly calming down.

Rebekah sat and listened to the girl that shook up their lives. Rebekah realized that they never really knew Talia. They just accepted her into their house and their family. Rebekah began to get an idea. "I think I know of a way we can fix this. Both Kol and not knowing you. First, let's get my laptop. We need to get some question ideas off the internet."

"What?" Talia asked.

"Get to know you questions." Rebekah said impatiently. "We can play it like a drinking game."

"Uh . . . I am twenty." Talia pointed out.

"Yes and you are also immortal. You forever will be twenty." Rebekah countered.

Talia groaned. "I will never reach my twenty first birthday. I will be stuck at twenty for the rest of my life. I was so looking forward to being twenty one." Talia pouted.

"I am frozen at seventeen. I personally think you have it better. Now, move." Rebekah snapped.

Talia and Rebekah went out of Talia's room and into Rebekah's room down the hall. After printing out a few dozen questions, cutting them up and folding them, they went into Kol's room.