3 | The ballad of Ariadne Anthanasios

"You have the face of a person looking for a friend."

"I'm not sure...you know a Sophie Deveraux?"

The blonde nodded, "Yeah, she's a chef here. Not working today though - visiting her niece's grave or something...I'm not sure. You want me to pass on a message?"

No.

Wait...visiting her niece's grave.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Monique Deveraux was dead?

Was Jane-Anne okay?

When did she die? How? What happened? Were they too late?

Ria took a breath.

Breathe Ria. You're okay. You are grounded. You are equilibrium. Find your equilibrium.

"That won't be necessary, thank you though. Do you know where we might find Sophie?"

Find your equilibrium.

"Lafayette Cemetery."

Of course.

Find your equilibrium.

The home of the ancestral plane - the very place where magic runs thickest in this city.

The perfect place for a little witch-to-witch chat.

Ria turned to Malcolm, "Well big brother, we've got a Sophie Deveraux to find."

"Cemetery at night? What is this rip off horror film?"

Helene chuckled, "If you think you're going to be murdered in a cemetery, then I have no hope for your girlfriend."

"Hey! Don't bring Pri into this!"

"We won't, unless we have to call her saying you were murdered in a cemetery by the spiders. We'll have to tell her that her weakling of a boyfriend was eating by the insects and the spiders practiced their weaving on his corpse."

"Delightful."

Ria rolled her eyes, "You have a greater chance of being stabbed by a raccoon if we're being honest..."

"Why would you say that?"

Helene chuckled, "But seriously Ria, who comes up with that?"

"Just saying..."

"And I'm just saying that I shall not sleep for a week at the thought of being eaten by spiders and stabbed by raccoons."

"Eaten by insects, mannequin for the spiders," Helene corrected, "Do get it right next time brother."

Ariadne quickened her pace, "Brother, you're old, you have no reason to fear death."

"How dare you!"

"I dare!"

They had soon stumbled upon Lafayette cemetery, it's rusting sign carved into the gate appended the ominous atmosphere.