An Eye for an Eye

126 AC - Driftmark

Visenya had always enjoyed the visits she and her father took to Driftmark. The Beaches and the strong smell of the sea were always her favourite part, walking along them with Princess Rhaenys​​ as both Meleys and Morghon flew above them. Listing to Lord Corlys talk about the battles he had won and the adventures he has been on. Driftmark had always been a happy place for the young princess.

But as Visenya stood between Jace and their father, holding his hand for both his support and her own, listing to Vaemond Velaryian Dirftmark left cold. The strong winds of the sea nip at her cheeks and turn them soft pink, Visenya leans into her father trying to find warmth and comfort but Laenor left nothing but the grief of his sister.

Vaemond looks towards Princess Rhaenrya and her children, anyone with an eye would know that the boys had no Velaryian blood in them, no salt coursing through their veins. The question of whether the girl had Velaryian blood was still being questioned, she has Velayrain features like white hair and purple eyes but her skin is as pale.

"Lopor courses rȳ velaryon ānogar," Vaemond says as he moves his gaze from the boys to their mother. "īlvon dakogon qumblie,"

Visenya knew what he was saying and she was sure that if Jace or Luke understood what he was being said there would be bloodshed.

"īlvon dakogon drēje," Vaemond keeps eye contact with Rhaenrya. "Se īlvon ēdruta dōrī vasrie,"

A laugh is what breaks the stares away from Princess Rhaenrya and her children. Visenya looks up to the source of the laugh, Daemon Targaryen. She had heard bedtime stories about him from his mother, how he was the greatest fighter she has seen, how he took the steps stones for the King, and stories of his young were told to her by the King. Daemon should have been a hero, a legend, to Visenya but as she looks up at him she was scared. Hiding her face back into her father's robes.

Daemon had seen the girl looking at him, the one look was all he needed to know that the girl had zero Velaryon blood in her veins.

– –

Visenya wanted to be with her father. After the funeral was finished he wandered off and Visenya was escorted by Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys. Lady Laena had left behind two daughters, Baela and Rhaena, both daughters had inherited their mother's beauty and it seemed that only one of them had inherited enough Targaryen blood to claim a dragon.

The twin girls were born the same year as Visenyas brother Jace, when they had been born Lady Laena and Prince Daemon had brought them from Pentos to Dirftmark. Lady Laena wanted her parents and brother to meet her daughters. Princess Rhaenyra was all too happy to agree to make the trip to Driftmark, to see Daemon again. The nights they had spent together were not forgotten by either of them and as Daemon set his eyes on Rhaenrya's only daughter he knew that she only had the blood of the dragon coursing through her veins.

Lord Corlsy had left Visneya alone at one of the tables, in his own grief for his daughter he wanted to spend with his wife and the next lord of Diftmark. Visenya was left alone, in one of her favourite places in all of the lands and yet she was not happy. Visenya want comfort from someone she knew. She wanted comfort from her friend Aemond, and as Visenya looks across the crowd of people she could not see him anywhere. But as Visenya met the eyes of the rogue Prince he made a motion with his hand, calling her over. Visenya had been taught to always listen to people of higher rank, and the prince was higher than her. Moving off of her chair she walks through the crowd of people, as she stood before the Daemon, he left pride. She was his and Rhaenyas, there was no question.

"Tell me little one what is your name?" Daemon asks as he bends down to the little Princess's height.

"Visenya," she answers in a quiet voice. She was scared and wanted her father, mother, or Aemond.