Toasts And Betrothments

135 - Red Keep

Visenya grips the chair in front of her as Ben laces the backing of her dress. Otto had informed Visenya of the dinner that would be tonight, and Visenya thanked Alysanne for the dress she had made for her. The dress is a deep scarlet red, made of a soft, lushes fabric, with a boat neckline. Visenya's shoulders are exposed as well as her neck. The top of the dress is fitting and pushes Visenya's chest out the tighter Ben makes the dress, black detailing resembling swirls of fire line the neckline and bottom of her sleeves. The dress hugs her hips before following the width of them down to the floor. Ben has braided her hair into a bun with the front pieces framing her face. He ties together the lacing and takes a step back to admire his work. Visenya stands straight and puts her hands on her hips; the lacing is tight.

Like always, the two matched; Ben wears the same shade of scarlet as a shirt with black pants. Visenya had braided part of his back and tied it with a red string. Ben can't help but think that Visenya's outfit is missing something. Visenya turns around to face Ben, and he bits back a laugh at her uncomfortable face. Visenya looks down towards her chest and blushes at how tight the dress shows them off.

"I must say that you look quite ravishing in this dress," Ben jokes as he moves towards his bag in the room.

"It has gotten smaller," Visenya complains as she leans onto the chair's backing. Visenya loves this dress and almost cried when Alysanne gifted it to her. She loves how the dress covers the things she is insecure about, the burned skin of her arms, and shows off the things she loves. Also, having a dress that comfortably fits her arms is nice; she doesn't have to worry about ripping the fabric as she reaches for things.

"Or your tits have gotten bigger," Ben says as he pulls out a small pouch from his bag. Visenya shoots him a look of annoyance, she doesn't mind the comment, but she does worry that someone might overhear it. The people of the court and her family would not understand that the statement is harmless.

Ben tosses the pouch to Visenya, and she catches it, she can hear something rattling around inside the bag, and when she spills the contents into her hand, it is cold.

"I meant to give it to you after we arrived in King's landing," Ben tells her as she examines what exactly she is holding. It is blackened metal, and Visenya can see small connecting shapes. "It is a gift from Alysanne and Cregan,"

Visenya takes hold of two different parts of the chain and lets it unravel itself. Ben grabs it from her hands and gestures for her to turn around so that he can put it on her. Visenya thought it was a necklace, but she is proven wrong as Ben wraps the chain around her waist. Once Ben clasped together the backing of the belt chain Visenya looks down to see the details. A dragon connects the two sides at the front of the chain. Visenya looks down to her right hip, and a raven charm rests on it and on her left hip the fish of House Tully. Visenya can't see it, but the back clasp is also a dragon. Ben rests his chin on Visenya's shoulder, and she leans into his front.

"I will have to thank them the next we go north," Visenya tells Ben as she fiddles with the chain.

"Or maybe if they come south," Ben puts the idea out.

"And why would they do that? You might forget, but It is a long journey when you do not have a dragon," Visenya tells him; she has spoiled Ben with the fast transportation of dragon.

"There are a lot of opportunities that might arise for them to ride south," Ben says, taking his chin off Visenya's shoulder. He hopes this dinner will be calmer than the petitions, but he knows it will not.

Ben offers his arm out to Visenya, and she smiles at him and rests one of her arms around his. The other hand lifts the front of her dress as they leave the room. Visenya hopes her family can put aside any differences they might have for the night for the King.