Death and Birth

137 - Red Keep (2 Months Later)

Visenya has never felt this kind of pain before. Not when she burned her arm with wildfire or half of her face almost got cut off. Something must be wrong. Visenya knows deep down that something has to be wrong because of the pain.

"I can't do this. I can't," Visenya says to herself, the midwives have been trying to comfort her, but it's not working. "Not alone,"

"We are here for you, princess," One of the midwives speaks up, and Visenya holds herself back from yelling at her.

She doesn't know how long the labour has been going on. Visenya knew that her labour started in the morning, and from the lack of sun from the balcony, she assumed it had been hours. She doesn't know where Aemond, Ben, or anyone who might bring her comfort right now. Visenya knows that Aemond had gone on a dragon ride before the labour started, he had been worried the last few days, and Visenya had suggested that he goes for a ride to calm himself down. She regrets telling him to do so now.

"I don't know who any of you are. I need-"

"Princess the Queen has made it very clear that Prince Aemond is to wait outside of the room till the end," The maester cuts her off. It had been made clear to Visenya that the Queen would not be letting up on traditions; Visenya even wonders if Aemond knows she is labour.

Visenya groans from the pain and the maesters words. Visenya knows that the maester is not telling her something, the whispers between him and the midwives make her nervous. She can't do this alone.

Visenya grabs ahold of the bedpost and pulls herself up. As she sits up and moves to get off the bed, all the midwives and the maester try and stop her, but Visenya will not let them. Visenya moves towards her bedside, grabbing the dagger that sits on it and holding it in front of her.

"The next person to touch me, I will cut their heart out and make the rest of you eat it," Visenya threatens them. She doesn't have enough strength to do so but the people back away from her.

Visenya pushes herself off the bed, leaning her free hand against the wall as she breathes deeply. She can feel the blood running down her legs, warm and comforting even though she knows it is not a good sign. Visenya closes her eyes as pain shoots through her, a small scream coming out before she stops herself. She can control the scream, but the tears run down her face.

As the pain passes, Visenya takes another deep breath as she slowly descends the stairs. The midwives and maester just watch her walk. Blood trails behind her as she walks towards the door. Visenya keeps her grip tight on the dagger as she feels more pain.

With shaky hands, Visenya pulls the door open. From the amount of sweat, no doubt that her chemise is see-through, and as Visenya looks towards her feet, she can see her blood soaking through.

Standing post outside the door is two Kingsguards that she doesn't recognize through her pain.

"Why are you here?" Visenya asks the two Kingsguards, trying to move past them, but they don't move out of her way. "Move,"

"We are acting on orders of the Queen," One of them speaks up. The current state of the princess shocks both Kingsguards. "No one is to enter the room, and you are not allowed to leave,"

"Move," Visenya commands, but she clutches her stomach, and one of the Kingsguards holds her up from falling.

"Princess, we are under strict orders not to let you leave the room or allow anyone to enter,"

"I don't care. Get out of my way now," Visenya tells them, but as she starts to feel faint, she knows that she will not be able to make it to the end of the hallway. Visenya stands up and away from the Kingsguard holding her. She takes a deep breath as she looks at them. "My mother. Get me my mother, or I will kill you both,"