Honour And Family

135 - Red Keep

After telling Aemond the truth, Visenya could sense that he needed time to entirely process what she had told him. That was fine. Visenya needed the comfort of Ben. She had gone to the godswood, and he had not been there. Ben wasn't as a family with the castle as Visenya, so she knew that he would be in the only other place he knew of the castle.

The castle's servants had done a fast job of cleaning and readying her room. Ben sits lounging on one of the couches, a jug of wine sits on the table, and a glass is in his hand. Visenya closes the door behind her and takes the glass out of Ben's hand. The man lets out a grunt of protest but quickly silences when Visenya makes herself comfortable at his side.

Visenya and Ben haven't talked much about Visenya losing the baby; maybe a total of three times was it mentioned. The first was when Ben brought up how his dream was probably true. The second was when Ben was comforting Visenya after. And the third was when Visenya brought up that she would have named him Laenor, and then she would have given her second son the name Benjicot. Both of them mourned what happened. Visenya for her loss and Ben for the loss and also what to him was a failure of protecting Visenya and her blood. He might not like Aemond, but Ben would protect Visenya and any of her future children.

"I told him," Visenya tells Ben, taking a sip of the bitter wine. Ben looks down at Visenya and kisses her head.

"How did he take it?" Ben asks Visenya, he knew that Visenya would tell Aemond, but he wishes that he was there in case anything did happen.

"Better than I thought. He didn't kill me," Visenya jokes. That was what she thought would have happened when she told Aemond.

"I highly doubt he would have,"

Before Visenya can tell him otherwise, a knock at the door makes both of them look at it. Visenya wishes to have a hot bath and then some peace and quiet. Have Ben braid her hair and hum a song to her. Maybe find Aemond and talk with him some more.

Ben stands from the couch and answers the door. He thought it might be Aemond or maybe one of Visenya's brothers, but he was so wrong. Ben quickly stands up tall and does an awkward bow. Visenya stands up once she sees who it is. She chokes down a sob that was rising in her throat. Visenya wants nothing more than to run into her mother's arms, but she can't do that. She needs to stay strong.

Her mother looks the same as she did when Visenya left Dragonstone. The same warm and loving presence. Rhaenyra has her hair down and a hand placed on her baby bump. Once Jace and Luke had told her that Visenya was in King's Landing. Part of Rhaenyra was sad that Visenya hasn't come to see her, but the other part knew that Visenya has changed. Ben makes his way away from the door and stands behind Visenya, and he doesn't know how she will react to seeing her mother.

"You look different," Rhaenyra breathes out, stepping into the room and closing the door of the room.

Rhaenyra can't believe that the woman standing in front of her is the same little girl that would run circles around her. Rhaenyra notices the prominent scar on Visenya's face. Daemon had told her how much Visenya had changed after they met last, but Rhaenyra still couldn't believe how much she has changed. Rhaenyra can't help but compare how Visenya and Ben look so much like her and Ser Harwin.

"It has been two, almost three years," Visenya points out, she is trying to keep her voice calm, but Visenya can hear the hostility apparent in her own voice. Rhaenyra twists the rings on her fingers as she sighs.

"I need to talk to you, Visenya," Rhaenyra tells her, looking at Ben. Rhaenyra has so much that she wants to ask the girl how she is doing. How did her time go in the iron islands? Why did she go to King's Landing? Why didn't she come back home? Why did she go north?