Family Goes Beyond Our Blood.

134 AC- King's Landing

Ben sits on one of the couches in Visenyas old room, he had watched the servants of the castle make the bed and freshen everything up around the room. He was excited when they had brought food and wine, the wine that the castle is bitter on his tongue and unlike the sweet mead that the Riverlands had. He had asked the maids if they had any mead because he knows that Visenya would prefer a sweet mead than a bitter wine but they did not. A book about Targaryen history sits in his lab and he tries to read Vayrian text, he might be able to speak the language but reading it was difficult.

Ben looks up from the book as Visenya bursts through the door and from the expression on her face she was mad and about to cry. He quickly disregards the book and stands up from the couch, trying to grab ahold of her to make sure that she does not do anything drastic but Visenya pushes his hands away from her. Removing the sword from her waist and slamming is down onto the table in the room, she plants her hands down on it and takes a breath to calm herself.

"Zaldrīzes?" Ben asks, stepping behind her but Visenya just shakes her head and closes her eyes. Ben knows her. Knows how to calm her down when she is upset. Ben slowly puts his hands on her shoulders and turns her towards him. "What happened?" Dragon?

Visenya just continues to shake her head while not meeting his eyes.

Visenya was disgusted with herself. How could she think that she was worthy of him? Of his touch. Of his love.

Ben lets out a sigh and directs Visenya to the couch, moving her in front of it and gently pushing her to sit on the ground in front of it. Once she is on the ground Ben moves to sit behind her, locking her in between his legs. He wants to make sure that can not run away from his questions. Ben slowly removes his hands away from her shoulders and towards her hair, removing the dragon pin and letting parts of her hair fall down. Ben then moves to one of the braids in her hair, slowly unbraiding it. Visenya had not let anyone touch her hair, let anyone braid it, since her father's death but Ben was an exception. It had become one of their habits for Ben to braid her hair in the morning and unbraid it at night, a simple gesture that meant so much to the both of them. Visenya lets out a shaky breath and opens her eyes.

"I know that I am not as beautiful as other ladies, that my scars can scare people but I just..." Visenya's voice cracks and she closes her eyes to stop the tears from falling down her face, leaning her head onto Ben's knee. "Am I even close to being pretty?"

Bens removes his hands from her hair, moving down to the ground and sitting next to her. Ben gently grabs her face and makes her look at him, tears turning her face pink and her eyes red.

"What happened?" Ben asks calmly and Visenya shakes her head in his hands.

Visenya had only cried once in front of the man. Though all the burns, stab wounds, arrows shot into her body, or other injuries Visenya had gotten, she never cried when he patched her up. The one time she did cry though was when she had gotten a letter from her youngest brother, Joffrey, asking if he had done something for her to leave and how he wanted her to come home and tell her stories of their father Laenor. That was the only time Ben had seen her cry besides now and It angers him that she was upset. Visenya lets out a breath before looking Ben in the eyes.

"Aemond came to see me while I was at the skull and things got heated and he saw it," Visenya says quickly, knowing that if she has to repeat herself she would break. Visenya leans her face into his hands, craving any form of physical touch. She wants to know that she is worthy and loved.

Visenya didn't need to clarify what scar she was talking about. The day that Visenya got the scar would hunt him in his dreams forever. He blames himself for her getting it, he was the one she was protecting when she had got it and if he could be the one to be scarred then he would take it. Visenya sees the guilt forming on his face and she grabs onto his arm.