Dragons Always Know

136 - Dragonpit

Visenya and Ben sit in a royal carriage, Visenya's knees moving up and down as they get closer to the dragonpit. Every possible reason why the dragon keepers ask her to come goes through her head.

Ben watches Visenya, worried about Morghon, but his state of mind is not as bad as Visenyas. Ben grabs Visenyas hand as she starts to stretch at her skin, moving to sit closer with her, and he fiddles with the rings on her fingers.

He doesn't know what to do. Visenyas hair is already braided so that he can calm her down in that way, and he had spent so much time this morning on the braids. Put red, black, and silver fabric in her hair, the charms she loves so much.

Visenya leans back, the buckle on her chest plate popping undone as she takes a breath. The new chest plate had been a gift from Rob to replace her old one that was ruined because of war, and this one was made for more day-to-day use rather than fighting. Just like her old one, this was the same black colour as Morghon, but this one had more than just the symbol of death on it. A raven with spread wings on the back, but that is usually covered by Visenyas hair. At the bottom, waves with fishes jump out of the water, and the shoulders have dragon scaling details. A symbol for her, Ben, Rob, and her dragon.

Visenya refastens the buckle as the carriage comes to a stop. She quickly gets out of the carriage and looks around the back of the dragonpit. Morghon is easy to spot in an aggressive stance as his low grumbles vibrate through the air. There are dragon keepers surrounding him, their tools ready to try and calm him down. They had already tried to give him food, but when someone went near, Morghon bares his teeth at them.

"Arlī hen!" Visenya shouts as she jogs toward her dragon. Morghon perks up at Visenya's voice before he hisses at the dragon keeps, moving towards Visenya.

Back off.

The dragon keeps doing as Visenya says, and Ben follows behind Visenya. Once Visenya gets close enough to the dragon, he leans his head toward his rider, Visenya runs her hand along his snout, and Morghon leans into the touch.

Ben walks up behind Visenya but stops once Morghon sees him. The dragon had always liked him, only with playful aggression, but at the moment, the look in the dragon's eyes only shows possessiveness and aggression. Ben takes a step closer to the two, but as Morghon lets out a low growl and covers Visenya with his wings, he backs off. Morghon keeps his eyes on Ben with his teeth bared.

"Visenya, what the fuck?" Ben asks as he slowly backs away from the dragon. He can't see Visenya, and he knows that Morghon would never hurt her, but part of Ben is a little worried for her.

"I don't know," Visenya shouts to Ben as she runs her hands along Morghons scales, trying to calm him down. "Did you call him fat again?"

"You seriously think that he would react like this because I called him fat?" Ben asks, finding the accusation outlandish. There was no way that Morghon would act like this because of a comment like that. There has to be something else going on.

"Morghon is a sensitive boy," Visenya tells Ben before leaning her head against Morghon. He feels normal, so Visenya doesn't think he is sick. As her forehead contacts Morghon, the dragon lets out a low rumble of happiness. "Iā vok valītsos,"

Just as Morghon calms down, his aggressive stance returns as Vhagar lands. Like Morghon, Vhagar was too big to be held in the dragonpit. Visenya liked to joke with Aemond that the two dragons probably found a cave somewhere to share.

Visenya can't see Vhagar, but as Morghon runs to face the older dragon, she is pushed around under his wings. Morghons attention is forced solely on Vhagar, and Ben calms down as Morghon moves slightly in front of him, protecting him from Vhagar.