Beyond The Wall

137 - The Haunted Forest

Visenya and Rob walk back into the camp. Rob's arm is wrapped around her to help her walk. Visenya uses her sword and Rob to make sure she doesn't fall, the arrow in her leg sending throbbing pain through her body. Visenya can feel fresh blood rushing down from her nose and soaking up her arm sleeve wrapped around Rob's shoulder.

The two had gone out to track down the last few Wildlings who had tried to escape the attack.

The fires scattered around the camp area welcome sight to both. Visenya wants to sit and huddle next to the fire to warm up. The two can see Ben rushing to help Rob move Visenya into the camp.

She and Rob had successfully tracked the rest of the wildlings down. Rob had gotten a small cut on his neck, while Visenya had been headbutted by a wildling resulting in a bloody nose.

"How bad?" Visenya asks as Rob helps her sit at the base of a tree, letting her lay her leg out. Visenya can already see the snow under her leg turn red with blood. She needs to get the arrow out, but she first needs to know how many men they have lost.

"From our count, we have lost only three men," Ben tells Visenya as he kneels beside her, gently unwrapping her leg. She had cut off the majority of the arrow shaft during the fight so that she could fight, but she had made sure that there would still be enough for Ben to pull the arrow out.

"Get pyre ready for them before we leave in the morning," Visenya tells the two, who nod at her command. Visenya leans her head back onto the tree as Ben slightly tugs the arrow. Ben stops at her reaction. "And where is my husband?"

"He is fine," Ben tells her, slipping some contents of his bag onto the snow. "Helping around, I think,"

Aemond had wanted to go with Visenya and Rob to track down the last few wildlings, but Ben had made him stay back, telling him that Visenya and Rob can handle it without his help. Aemond reluctantly stayed with the men, helping them set up camp and get a few fires going before Visenya and Rob returned.

"Good," Visenya tells him, Visenya grabs onto the arrow shaft, but both Rob and Ben stop her from pulling it out of her leg. She wants to see Aemond and makes sure with her own eyes that he is okay.

"They are using barbed arrowheads, Visenya," Rob tells Visenya as he removes her grip from the shaft.

"You can't just pull it out," Ben tells her as he cuts Visenyas pants open more so he can get a better look to ensure that Visenya hadn't tried to pull it out or added any more damage to her leg muscle.

"Rob can help me," Visenya tells Ben. She would rather him ensure that Aemond arm is fine than her leg. "Aemond has a stab wound on his arm that I want you to deal with before my leg,"

She can fight even with the injury to her leg, but Aemond might not be able to if the stab wound gets infected and puts his arm out of commission. Ben lets out a sigh, knowing that there is no point in arguing with Visenya.

"If you just pull it out-"

"I know what to do," Rob assures Ben, giving Ben a look to let him do this. It is true; Rob has taken barbed arrows out of both Ben and Visenya before, so he deals with Visenyas leg while Ben deals with Aemond.

Ben hands Rob two hallowed out quills to use, gently patting Visenyas shoulder as he stands up. Rob hands Visenya a stick to put in her mouth. Visenya takes it from Rob and does what he is implying. Rob gives Visenya a smile before getting word.

– –

Rob had been as gentle as he could when removing the arrow from her leg, but the pain in her leg has only worsened. Even with Ben's medicine, it has not lessened.