The Red Council

138 - Harrenhal

"You look lovely," Rob compliments Visenya as she opens the door for him, letting Rob into her and Aemond's shared room. He had been expecting Visenya or Aemond to answer the door, still dressed in their night clothes, but Visenya is dressed and ready for the day.

Rob can see Aemond lurking further inside the room; the once prince seems to be focusing on the smallest details of his outfit to ensure that he looks presentable. Rob holds Laenor closer to him, hoping that Ben had been right about bringing one of the twins to keep him safe, as he looks at Visenya again.

Visenya indeed does look nice today; her hair has been washed and is not in any kind of braid but rather down and poofy. It seems that Visenya hasn't dressed for war, but politics, a Targaryen red dress that hugs her like it was tailored for her, which he assumes was. Long sleeves go down to her wrists, but he can still notice the wrapping around her fingers underneath her sleeves. A relatively deep neckline that Visenya fills out perfectly, and Rob knows that Aemond must love the dress. The dress is plain, with no elaborate design or fancy jewellery, but Visenya makes it look stunning.

Laenor stops playing with his toy as the door opens, smiling at Visenya once he sees her.

"Thank you," Visenya tells Rob as she flattens out her dress, worried that it hugs her stomach too tightly, but Aemond had assured her that he wished it was tighter around her waist. Visenya smiles at Laenor and happily takes the smiley and happy toddler from Rob. "Did this mean man wake you up?"

"Ben told me that if I had one of the twins, then Aemond would be less likely to kill me," Rob defends himself as Laenor happily plays with the collar of Visenya's dress.

"He was right," Aemond tells Rob as he gains Laenor's attention; the toddler smiles at Aemond before hiding his face away from him in Visenya's chest.

Aemond smiles to himself at Laenors playful mood, tapping on Visenya's waist and taking Laenor out of her hold. Aemond is more than happy about Visenya wearing a dress; even if he does love her regular style, it wasn't every day she wore a dress. Aemond had taken his sweet time helping Visenya get ready, enjoying when she had asked him to help put on her stockings the most.

Aemond snickers to himself as Laenor plays with his long hair; he doesn't care that he will have to fix it later. The joy that playing with it brings to Laenor is well worth it.

Visenya looks away from Aemond and Laenor, and her eye catches the pin that Rob wears on his chest. Not the dragon pin that she had gifted to him and Ben but rather the unmistakable pin that all hands of the kings have worn in the past.

"Did the blacksmith make this for you?" Visenya asks Rob as she runs her thumb over the hand pin that Rob wears on his chest.

It had been Ben's idea of making the pin, convincing Rob that Visenya would be okay with it, and it would make the Lord feel like they have to listen to him. Ben had been right about that; the first time he wore it to a meeting, all the lords had shut up like Visenya herself had walked into the room.

"He did, but I will take it off if-"

"No," Visenya cuts Rob off. "You are my hand, so wear it with pride,"

"I guess you don't plan on fighting anyone today," Rob comments, and he watches Visenya's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "Given your attire,"

Rob watches as Visenya smiles, a smile that tells him that he is about to hear something that he doesn't want to hear, and from the way Aemond sighs, Rob kind of wishes he kept his mouth shut.

"I'm only wearing a dress so that Aemond can bend me over-"

"Vis," Aemond stops Visenya, not wanting Laenor or Rob to hear her words even if they were the truth.