Shared Fire

138 - The Reach

Visenya has been stabbed before. Has had part of her arm burned by Wildfire. Suffered countless burns from Morghon. But this pain is unlike any other. Maybe because the hand that stabbed the knife into her stomach belongs to someone she loves, the betrayal leaves a bitter taste in her mouth, but the taste of copper does an excellent job covering it.

The shock of Daerons betrayal had not left Visenya left, and she still leans into him, she can hear his soft cries and mumbles, but all she can focus on is the now furious dragon behind her. She knows that Cannibal is not going to let Daeron or Tessarion live; maybe Daeron, but Tessarion would most definitely become a snack for the dragon.

Visenya knows there is no point in stopping Cannibal from killing Tessarion. The older dragon has already taken off after the young she-dragon. Frankly, she hopes that Cannibal enjoys himself.

The unmistakable whistling sound of one dragon rips through the air, and just like that, Visenya is snapped back to reality.

"Daeron, you need to leave," Visenya tells the young prince through her heavy bleeding. Her hand is over Daerons, holding the handle of the knife. She knows that she needs to keep it in her stomach, but she starts to worry as she feels a warm liquid spill between their intertwined hands.

"What?" Daeron asks as Visenya pulls herself away from him. Take feels ill as he finally sees the knife logged into her stomach. Both of her hands are soaked with her blood. Daeron has only trained; this is the first time he has hurt someone, and it is Visenya.

Daeron looks at Visenya's face; her skin is pale and not her usual sun-kissed tone. Daeron panics; he knows this might kill her, but the reality of what he has done has finally hit him.

"Daeron, take that horse and go back to Old Town. Leave before he hurts you, please," Visenya pleads with Daeron as she removes his hand from the knife in her stomach, Daeron clears his face of tears, but the sight of Visenya's blood on his hand makes his stomach sink.

"I have stabbed you, and you're worried about me?" Daeron asks, and Visenya nods as she looks around the field they are in, Caraxes has landed on the other side of the field, and Visenya pushes Daeron away from her as Daemon gets off his dragon.

"Daeron, I don't know what he is going to do, and I will not be responsible for your death," Visenya tells him as she looks around the field for her sword; she doesn't know what Daemon is going to do to them.

Visenya knows that she might die here, if not from the stab wound to her stomach, then from whatever Daemon does to her. She doubts that Daemon would just let her leave and go back to Highgarden or Harrenhal, that Cannibal would abandon his meal and save her. Morghon is also in the Vale and wouldn't be able to come to save her.

Daemon can't help but smile at the scene before him; when he had been flying in, he saw Cannibal chasing after Tessarion. That would be one less dragon for the Greens. As for Visenya, Daemon can't help but be worried; he knows that Visenya and his relationship have ended, but he has already lost one daughter, and he wouldn't lose another.

Daemon holds Darksister at his side as he walks up to the young prince and uses his foot to push the prince to the ground. No one will have to know that he is the one that will end the prince's life. From her state, Visenya would only see the end of the day with a maester. One less Green and the leader of the Reds would make the Blacks back in the lead. But he wouldn't do that to Visenya, he knows that she is made for his lack of thinking through his plan to hurt Aemond, but he would make sure his daughter lives. He and Rhaernyra had already lost one daughter, and he knew that Rhaenyra would not be able to handle Visenya's death.