Our Oath Will Not Be Broken By Me

135 - Red Keep

Visenya sits on the ground in front of the couch with Ben behind her as he takes out the braids that make the bun of hair. Visenya has calmed down from the dinner, but Ben is still alert to make sure Visenya doesn't make an escape to hurt Aegon. Visenya had already taken the braids off Ben's hair, and now his hair is a fluffy and wild mess of black. Ben runs a wide tooth brush through Visenya's hair; once all the braids are undone, they are still wearing the same outfits they wore at dinner.

Ben has planned to stay the night in Visenyas room, either sleeping on one of the couches that would be too small for him with Visenya in her bed. The two have shared a bed on many occasions, and both find they sleep better with the other next to them. Ben also knows Visenya enough to know that when he leaves, she will find Aegon and make sure he understands that her threats are not a joke.

The peacefulness of the room ends as a loud knock against the door makes the friends jump in their spots. Ben ruffles Visenya's hair and stands up from his spot on the couch; he would let Visenya answer the door, but if it is anyone that she even has a slight anger towards, he would not want to have them face Visenya. Ben opens the door, and as he sees Prince Aemond on the other side, he quickly blocks him from entering the room.

"Go away," Ben tells Aemond. Ben hopes the prince listens to him and does not try to get inside the room. Ben is tired and wants to go to sleep rather than deal with any more Targaryen drama.

Visenya, hearing the hostel tone from Ben, stands up from the floor and tries to see who is on the other side of the door, but Ben's tall and wide stature blocks her view as well as Aemonds.

"Is she in there?" Aemond asks him. He just wants to see Visenya and make sure that she is not mad at him for the toasts he made to her brothers. Visenya slightly relaxes once she hears Aemond's voice, but if Ben does not want him in the room, he will not get through the door.

"Yes. Now go away," Ben tells him, looking down at the prince. Maybe Ben can scare him away.

"Move out of my way; I command you as Prince-"

"I don't give a shit who you are," Ben stops him; he knows now that intimation will not work on the prince, so maybe he will have to restore to brute strength to make sure Aemond doesn't get through. "Visenya is getting ready for bed, so leave,"

The crazed look in the prince's eye tells Ben he should not have said that part. Ben moves his arm off the door and starts to move it towards Aemond, planning on pushing him away and looking at the door so that he and Visenya can have a peaceful rest of the night, but Ben is not fast enough. Aemond grabs ahold of Ben's shirt and pulls him out of the doorway and into the hallway; using his speed, Aemond moves into the room and closes and locks the door.

"Aemond!" Visenya shouts as she makes her way toward the door to ensure that Ben is not hurt on the other side and to let him back into the room.

Knowing what she is about to do, Aemond stops Visenya from letting Ben back into the room by picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He wraps one of his arms around her legs while he uses his other to pull the table in the centre of the room in front of the door. Visenya can feel the light vibrations of Aemond laughing against her. No doubt in Visenya's mind that he is smirking to himself at this moment, happy that he has gotten Visenya alone in a room.

"For fuck sake, Aemond, put me the fuck down!" Visenya tells him, and a loud bang against the door lets Visenya know that Ben is not hurt on the other side. Visenya can hear some curse words in the old tongue come from Ben, and the door rattles against its hinges.