Chapter 43

Brandon/Scott's POV
"What? What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Do you want to know what you're making a mistake of or how I know your actual name?" He asks me.

But how does he know my name? Does he really know who I am or just my name?

"I know who killed Skye Miller." Zach said.

I'm speechless. Someone actually knows what happened.

"Who?!" I asked him getting anxious to know now.

"Let's go in the locker room where it's quiet and we will talk." Zach said.

-----
We're in the locker room now. Am I really about to find out the truth about what really happened? I really hope Zach is going to tell me the truth.

"2 weeks before Skye's body was found there was a party. It was a party opened to the public by a lake. Most people were already drunk before midnight. I only had two shots but decided to clear my bed a bit before leaving. I walked in the forest for a bit. I heard two people arguing to I walked closer and hid behind a tree to make sure they don't see me. I saw it was Skye and Justin, your brother. I couldn't really hear what they were arguing about but eventually your brother left. I'm assuming he went back to the party or went home. Skye sat down and she looked really stressed by what happened. I stood there for about five more minutes. As I was about to turn away I saw someone in a black hoodie and black pants walking up towards Skye. I knew it was a girl based on her body. I decided to stay and see if anything else is going to happen." Zach said.

So someone else did come up to Skye after my brother left. But Zach said it's a girl. Who can it be? And why would a girl kill Skye. Was it out of jealously or revenge or what? Then Zach continued.

"I was still far so I couldn't hear and I was basically sober already so I knew everything I saw was real. Skye stood up after seeing this person walk up to her. They were arguing too from what it seemed like. Skye was about to turn around and walk away but the person in the hoodie pulled her back. This person pushed Skye down to the ground then started strangling her." Zach said.

"Why didn't you tell the police this? You were a witness Zach. My brother could've been free!" I said starting to get a bit furious.

"I couldn't Brandon! Sh-she threatened me. I saw her face after she killed Skye and she threatened me." Zach said sounding guilty.

"I was so in shocked that I just witnessed a murder so I stood frozened. When she got up she turned around and saw me. I panicked and tried to run but she caught up to me and tackled me on the ground. She told me if I were to tell anyone then she would ruin my life. She made me lie and keep it a secret. Do you remember at homecoming when I got shot in the thigh?" Zach said.

No. She's the one who shot Zach to keep him quiet.

I nodded.

"It was her warning. I was tired and felt so guilty for keeping it a secret from her so I told her I was done. She shot me as a warning to tell me I can't get away from this. She told me the next time I try to go against her she would make sure I never play a sport again. I was so scared after that Brandon. Sports have been my whole life and my only ride to a decent college." Zach said.

"So then why are you telling me now Zach?" I asked.

"Because she has already ruined my life. I'm not as good as I used to be anymore because of this injury. The doctors said I probably will never be as good as I used too. And I feel so guilty that I can't even concentrate on anything anymore. I don't care what else she's going to do to me. She can't threaten me anymore when she already took everything away from me." Zach said sounding upset.

"Zach. Who killed Skye Miller?" I asked him.