Chapter 32

Brandon/Scott's POV
Today was the day we were getting our Dollar Valentine's list. I'm nervous on who's going to be my number 1. They gave us our list and I decided to shove it in my backpack to look at later. I don't want to have a bad reaction in class.

Study hall

I was alone today because Diego and Luke had to go do some things. I decided to look at my Dollar Valentine now. I got a book and covered it. I decided to look from the bottom up. I took a deep breath before starting.

5. Courtney Crimsen. How the fuck is she even on my list? I thought she had a thing for girls, or at least that was what Monty told me. Courtney and Hannah made out with each other but Hannah didn't feel the same way afterwards.

4. Hannah Baker. Not really sure how I got her. I also thought Hannah and Clay were a thing.

3. Jessica Davis. I'm surprised Jessica even did this. She seems so fiesty most the time. I also thought she was dating Justin. Maybe she did this for fun and on a dare also.

2. Chloe Rice. Bryce's ex girlfriend? He would probably kill me if she was my number 1. But I guess I can see how she got on my list. Cheerleading is almost like a sport.

1. Sheri Holland. Oh no. I have to ask out Sheri. Sheri's nice and all but I don't think she likes me especially after what happened. But I also don't want to do a dare so I have to at least try. I'll ask her during 9th period after class.

-----------

There was 5 minutes left of 9th period and I'm so nervous. I don't know what to do if Sheri says no. I couldn't concentrate the whole entire class because I was so busy thinking of what to say to Sheri. Finally the bell rang and everyone was leaving. I packed up my stuff as fast as I could and went up to Sheri.

"Hey Sheri." I said sounding kind of nervous.

"Hi Scott." She said in a casual tone. Hopefully this is a good thing that she doesn't sound pissed.

"Can we talk really quick?"

"I'm not sure what there is to talk about but ok. Let's go in the hallway."

I'm just gonna go straight for it.

"Did you do the Dollar Valentine?" I asked her.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, you were number one on my list, so I was wondering if you'd like to go on a Valentine's date with me tomorrow. I know we left things off badly a few months ago but I am sorry, and I promised I'm nothing like Bryce and Monty. So just please give me a chance?" I said.

"Yeah, I guess so. I have nothing planned for tomorrow anyways. And I guess it wouldn't hurt to give you another chance."

I smiled at what she said.

"Awesome, I'll pick you up tomorrow after school. But can I have your phone number to text you?"

"Sure. It's ........"

"Great, I'll text you tonight." I said before walking away.

I'm honestly kind of shocked Sheri agreed to go on a date with me. I thought she hated me but I guess it was just at that moment. It's been months so she probably forgotten about most of it. But I think I'm happy Sheri said yes, not only because I get out of doing Bryce's crazy dare but now that I think about it, Sheri is kind of cute. She has such a good personality to. Even if she wouldn't be interested in dating me, I would love to be friends with her again. Hopefully tomorrow will go well.