Chapter 21

Brandon/Scott's POV
I was finally able to fall asleep at some point. I ended up waking up pretty early and I was still tired when I woke up. I only had about five hours of sleep. I decided to eat breakfast really fast then go listen to the tapes.

I inserted the USB into my laptop then put on a pair of earphones. There were 14 different files. I decided to start with 'Tape 1 Side A', Justin Foley's tape.

I finished the tapes within three hours. The tapes ended with Clay recording Bryce's confession. I can't believe Clay actually got Bryce to confess what he did. It was pretty interesting listening to the tapes, at least now I know a bit more of the students. Basically most of the people on the tapes are friends now.

I don't even know what I should do with this USB. I shouldn't keep it for too long, wouldn't want anyone finding it. But I can't put it back in Bryce's room unless he has another party... or I can think of a reason to go back there. Maybe I should tell him I left something there then put the USB back before he notices it's gone if he hasn't already. But what would I say I left there?

I got dressed up while still thinking of what to say I forgot. I got in my car and started driving to Bryce's house hoping that he's home otherwise I came for nothing. I finally got an idea after pulling up in his driveway. His car wasn't there but there was another car parked in the driveway. Maybe his parents? Whoever it is it may be better then Bryce being home. That way I can actually get inside his room easier.

I rang on the doorbell and a few seconds later the door swung opened. It was a woman I assume it's his mom.

"Hi?" Mrs. Walker said.

"Hi, is Bryce home?"

"No, he went out an hour ago. Do you need something? I can leave you a message if you want."

"It's ok, I was here yesterday and I left my phone somewhere. Is it ok if I go in to find it?"

"Of course."

Mrs. Walker stepped aside to let me come in. I walked upstairs and turned around making sure she wasn't here. I decided to put the USB in a cabinet next to his desk, that way if he noticed it was missing then he would think he misplaced it. It'd be too suspicious if something missing suddenly appears again in the same spot.

I decided to pretend I was still looking around that way Mrs. Walker wouldn't be suspicious.

"I found it Mrs. Walker, thank you!"

"No problem. Can you close the door before leaving?"

I did as I was told. Let's just hope Bryce never noticed the USB was missing in the first place. I was about to start driving until I got a text message. It was from Jeff.

Jeff: Hey, are you doing anything right now?

Scott: Not really.

Jeff: Can we meet up? I want to know what happened with Courtney last night.

Scott: Sure, Monet's?

Jeff: Didn't know you were a fan of Monet's either.

Scott: Yeah I've even there a few times with Charlie before. The coffees good.

Jeff: Oh really? I'm usually always there with Clay and the others and I don't think I've ever seen you before.

Scott: Maybe we go at different times. I usually only go once or twice every two weeks. I only see Justin working there.

Jeff: Oh. Well I'll see you there in 10.

I started to drive to Monet's. It took a bit longer to get there then usual since the cafe is kind of far from Bryce's house. I walked in and saw Jeff already sitting there.

"Hey, what do you usually get? I'll order for us." Jeff asked me.

I told him what I wanted. It took him about five minutes to come back with our coffee.

"So, about Courtney." Jeff started.

I told him everything, well the exact same story I told Charlie. He seemed to believe it and was a bit surprised.

"Wow, I can't believe you witnessed that happening. I thought he would stop raping girls after his trial but I guess once a rapist always a rapist."

"Did Courtney day anything to do while you drove her home?" I asked him.

"No she was super drunk. Her mom was home though so she probably got her ass kicked when she woke up. I didn't tell her anything other then she was super drunk. Not like I even knew what happened until now. But it's a good thing you were there. You saved Courtney from actually getting raped. He didn't start yet did he?"

"He was about to. It was still kissing and licking her. He was starting to unbutton her to until Charlie knocked on the door. But Courtney doesn't seem like the party type of person. Isn't she really serious about school?" I asked him.

"Yeah she is. I wonder that myself to. I don't know why she was there. I wonder who she was with. I didn't see Ryan there and those two usually hang together."

"Was your group of friends there?"

"A few. Only Zach, Alex, and Justin." Jeff told me.

"Clay wasn't there? I always see you hanging out together. And Jessica wasn't here with Justin?"

"No, the people who weren't here hates Bryce and didn't want anything to do with him. Honestly Alex doesn't like Bryce or parties either but Zach convinced him to go."