Chapter 31

Brandon/Scott's POV
I'm currently waiting outside of Hillcrest. Hopefully Winston will be here. Bryce told me most of the kids at that party went to Hillcrest.

A few minutes later, I noticed a kid walking about with a really bad beaten up face with wavy brown hair. I think that's Winston.

"Winston!" I shouted.

He looked up at started walking towards me.

"Are you looking for me?"

"Yeah, your Winston right?"

"Yeah, how do you know me?" He asked.

"I'm actually Monty's friend. I was at that party and I saw what happened."

"Well what do you want?" Winston said after taking a deep breath.

"I just want to know what happened. Why did Monty beat you up?"

"You're his friend, you ask him." Winston tried to walk away but I stopped him.

"He won't tell me anything."

"If he won't tell you anything what makes you think I will? Besides, his rich friend already payed me to keep quiet. So fuck off." Winston walked away but I decided not to stop him this time.

Clearly he really doesn't want to talk about it. Well fuck, I guess I'll never find out what really happened. Even if Monty is capable of harming others, would he really kill Skye? So many unsolved mysteries but I'm getting no where.

I decided to go home and think about it. How do I get Monty to tell me what happened?

1 month later

Valentine's Day is in a few days. The school decided to do something called Dollar Valentine where we answer some questions about us and will get a top 5 list on who our match is along with a phone number. I thought it was pretty stupid at first but somehow Bryce and Monty convinced me to do it just for fun. Speaking of Monty, that night was never brought up again. I decided it would be better to let him tell me himself when he's ready. Monty seemed to forget all about it a week later after the incident.

I went to the get the Dollar Valentine form. Let's see what the questions are. There's about 15.

1. What is your full name?
Can't say my actual name so I have to put Scott Reed. Never really thought of a middle name so I'll just leave that part out.

2. What is your favorite sport?
Easy baseball.

3. What is your hobby?
Playing baseball.

4. What gender are you into?
Girls.

The rest of the questions were just random things about me and all that. I folded the paper and dropped it in the box after. The results should come next week the day before Valentine's Day. I saw Monty walking towards me after.

"Heyyy Scotty. I see you finally did the Dollar Valentine." Monty said.

"Yeah, I honestly doubt it'll work."

"It's just for fun. And be ready for the text Bryce will send later." Monty said before walking away.

"Wait, what text?" I shouted at him but he was too far away to hear.

Most people are really excited for Valentine's Day. I'm usually ok with it but I'm worried because it's already February, which means my brother's trial date is in about 2 months.

After school

I heard my phone notification went off so I decided to see what it was.

Bryce: I got an idea for Valentine's Day.

Oh no, this must be the text Monty mentioned before.

Luke: What are you planning?

Bryce: Everyone in this group chat has to do Dollar Valentine and must ask out the first person on their list.

Oh fuck. What did I get myself into.

Diego: Sounds interesting. But why are we exactly doing this?

Bryce: I will pay everyone $100 if you do it. You have to screenshot your list and get a picture with your date.

Monty: Sounds fucking awesome!

Bryce: Don't be a fucking pussy any of you and do it! If you don't then you will have to do an embarassing dare.

Oh fuck, I really don't want to do an embarassing dare. Especially if it's planned by Bryce and Monty. I already turned in my Dollar Valentine. Hopefully the first girl on my list won't be too bad.