Chapter 17

"SOMEONE CALL THE FUCKING AMBULANCE!"

"He's losing a lot blood!"

Flashback to a few hours earlier before the game started

Brandon/Scott's POV
The benches were basically packed by now. There was only ten more minutes before we ran out to the fields. We were versing some other school in California that I've never even heard of. But I heard they kind of suck.

Some of the other guys had to go take care of something really quick. I was standing here with Monty, Luke, Zach, and Bryce. Our two team managers walked up to us and asked for a pic then wished us good luck. Seems like I'm going to be in the yearbook this year.

I recognized a few people on the benches. I saw Jeff and a few people from his group of friends sitting together. Clay and Hannah were sitting there holding hands while Hannah rested on Clay's shoulder. Jessica was there sitting with Ani, she most likely for Justin. Alex was there most likely for Zach. Tyler was taking pictures for yearbook. I've done a bit of research and found out what Courtney Crimsen and Ryan Shaver looked like. They were sitting next to each other near Jeff. I don't see Chloe or Tony anywhere so I'm assuming they didn't come. Chloe was probably still mad at Bryce and Tony doesn't seem like a football game kind of guy.

The clock was on a countdown now. Once it hits 0 we all run out there and get into our positions quickily than that's when the game will start.

The timer finally hit 0 and we all ran out there. The crowd was cheering us on. I made eye contact with the other teams cornerback and he looks angry as fuck. In fact, they all do.

The game ended up being pretty intensed. We were winning by a lot actually. We were in the middle of the third quarter. Bryce has the ball, he was about to throw it to Zach who was opened. That was until we heard a loud bang. I quickly looked around not knowing what happened. I looked to where Zach was and saw he was on the ground. The ball hand landed right next to him then bounced. Everyone around him stopped what they were doing and stood there looking at him. What the fuck just happened?

"COACH! WE NEED AN AMBULANCE!" Justin screamed out.

The coach ran towards them and asked what happened while I was walking closer to see what actually happened.

"Holy fuck, Zach got shot in the leg!" Monty said.

"No shit Monty!" Justin shouted.

Once the coach got there he realized how much blood Zach was losing.

"SOMEONE CALL THE FUCKING AMBULANCE!" Coach shouted loudly.

"He's losing a lot of blood!" Justin said sounding worried.

Charlie ran over here.

"I just called the ambulance, they'll be here in a few minutes." Charlie told everyone.

I looked around to see if there was anyone holding a gun. All I can see were the audience leaving as fast as they could. They were freaked out from what happened but who could blame them.

Five minutes later the ambulance came and they put Zach on a stretcher before taking him away. Coach called to inform his parents about what had happened. Coach went to the hospital with Zach and a very few of us came also. The other who didn't want to go coach just sent home. It was only me, Justin, and Charlie that wanted to go so coach drove us in his car. When we got there Zach's parents were already there. Coach went to talk to them about everything. Great now there's two mysteries to solve. It is possible the person who shot Zach is the same person that killed Skye. But the attack method is different so maybe not.

After three hours, the doctor finally came out.

"Is my baby boy going to be ok, doctor?" Mrs. Dempsey asked.

"Yes, Zach got shot in his thigh so he's going to be ok. But he will have to walk on crutches for a few weeks." The doctor explained.

We all sighed in relief that Zach is going to be ok. We all went home after leaving Zach's parents with him. Coach drove us back to school so we can get our stuff since we were still in our football uniforms.