Chapter 2

3 days later

News: The person responsible for Skye Miller's death has been found. The person responsible is known as a junior at Liberty High, Justin Butler. Polices made an arrest last night and Butler will have to testify in court. Forensics found his DNA near the crime scene. The jacket Miller was wearing when she was found also had Butler's DNA all over and it seemed to be a male's jacket. Witnesses say they saw Skye and a male figure arguing near the woods a few minutes before her death. That is all I can say for now folks.

Brandon's POV
Fucking bullshit! I know Justin couldn't have done it. My brother is not capable of murder!

I bet it's those fucking Liberty students. They are the ones framing him! I need to get to the bottom of this. I need to prove Justin's innocent.

Flashback to the night before

*doorbell*

"Hey Justin, can you get that?"

"Sure."

"Who is it?" I asked while walking towards him.

"It's the cops."

"Are you Justin Butler?" One of the cops asked.

There were two cops standing there asking for my brother, what could they possibly want?

"Umm yeah, I am." He answered.

The cops bolted inside our house, one of them pinned Justin against the wall and handcuffed him.

"Justin Butler, you are under arrest for the murder of Skye Miller, anything you say can be used against you in court." The officer said.

"Wait! You can't arrest my brother!" I exclaimed.

"Are your parents home right now?" The officer asked.

"No, they're at work."

"Well call them and tell them to come down to the station when they can."

"Don't worry about me Brandon, I'll be ok. Just tell mom and dad what happened." Justin said before leaving.

FUCK! I got to call my parents.

"Hey mom! You and dad need to get home right now!" I said panicking through the phone.

"Is something wrong?" My mom asked.

"Justin just got arrested! They think he murdered some girl in his school! Two cops just came a few minutes ago and took him away!"

"Oh my god! I'm coming home now!"

15 minutes later

My parents ran through the door. I can tell they were panicking as well.

"Mom and dad, we need to get to the police station."

"I'll drive us, let's go." My dad said.

My dad was driving a bit faster then usual. I can tell he was freaking out. We were able to get there in less then ten minutes. Once we got in there, my dad asked for Justin. They told us to wait for a few minutes then we can talk to him.

We were forced to talk to him through the glass window like he was actually a criminal. They already forced him to wear an orange jumpsuit.
Justin was tearing up along with my mom but he said he'll be ok. My parents were going to find him a lawyer. But I personally knew a lawyer wouldn't help much unless we have actual evidence on who the killer is.

After my parents talked to him, we had three minutes left and I decided to use that time to talk with him privately.

"Justin, I know you didn't kill her." I told him.

"Thanks for believing me. But too bad the cops don't."

"I will try my best to prove your innocent."

"How? They probably collected all the evidence they've found at the crime scene. Plus I've heard if I'm found guilty, they might execute me." Justin said sounding scared.

"I won't let that happen. Your court day is probably going to be in a few months. That gives me a lot of time to find who's the actual killer."

"What do you plan on doing?" He asked me.

"I don't know yet. But I'll figure something out. I won't let you get executed!"

"Times up!" The guard said.

I went home with my parents after that. All night, I kept thinking about how to help my brother. I stayed up until like 2. It was hard to sleep knowing there's a chance my brother might get executed.

After hours of rolling around on my bed, I finally had an idea. It's going to be risky but it may give me a chance to prove my brother's innocence.