Chapter 45

Brandon/Scott's POV
"Do you remember when I told you I liked you but there's someone else that I'm in love with?" Sheri asked me.

"Yes."

"I'm in love with your brother." Sheri said.

I'm shocked. Did she do all this because she couldn't be with him?

"I have always loved your brother but he would never notice me. When I found out he was dating Skye Miller I was furious. I did everything I could to split them up but they were inseparable. I decided the only way to get them to break up was by killing her. I knew they were going to that party so I came too. Justin made it easier for me when they argued where no one could see or hear them. So I waited until he left then I came up to her. She was confused on who I was but then I told her. She told me I was crazy and tried to walk away but that's when I grabbed her. Then I killed her. I enjoyed every moment of it. I loved seeing the fear on her face. I never had anything against her personally but I hated her for dating my man." Sheri said.

"I can't fucking believe you. You killed Skye just because you were jealous you couldn't have my brother?"

"Yes! And I would do the same for anyone who gets with my man. Now do you have any other questions for me before I kill you?" Sheri asked.

"Why did you like me and acted so nice to me? Was it all an act?" I asked her.

"Oh Brandon, you were so sweet. I was shocked when I first saw you but I also knew you were lying to me and everyone else the whole time. You see I knew every family member of Justin's. I did my own research so I knew exactly who you were. I eventually figured out myself that you probably wanted to find the killer on your own. You look exactly like Justin so I guess that's why I fell for you. I also didn't want to date you or start anything serious with you since I'm only loyal towards Justin." Sheri said.

"What about Tyler? Did he have anything to do with this?" I asked her.

"Tyler was just my pawn. I knew he was the only other person I could easily scare and would actually listen to me and not tell anyone. Plus I gave him the necklace just so if anyone ever suspected me I could send them right in his direction. After all he is the one with the dead girl's necklace so how is he going to defend himself with that." Sheri answered.

"Any last words before I end your life Brandon?" She asked me.

"I really did like you Sheri. It broke my heart when you rejected me. I'm even more hurt now knowing you're a murderer and you're the one who put my family in mental pain. I just wished things could've been differently for us." I told her.

"It's part of life so deal with it. Now you feel what I've been going through. I felt exactly the same way as you're feeling when I couldn't be with your brother. Now prepare to die Brandon." Sheri said.

She started walking towards me with the knife. This is it. At least I'll die knowing the truth.