Chapter 7

Brandon/Scott's POV
Science finally ended. It was time for football try outs. I didn't even bring any shirts. I only have shorts from gym class. How can I be so stupidly forgetful? Just then I heard the locker room door opened.

"Need some help Scott?" Zach said.

"Yeah, do you have any spare shirts? I forgot to bring mine for football tryouts."

"Yeah, here's a Liberty Tigers baseball tee."

"Awesome, thanks dude. So who else in you and Jeff's group of friends are on the football team?" I asked him.

"Only Justin and I. There are many other guys, I'm not sure who you know so far. But how was your first day?" Zach asked me.

"Boring as fuck. Gym was actually pretty fun, overall I hated every other class."

"Ha, I feel the same way bro. Meet anyone else?"

"No, although I did get to talk to Sheri a bit since she's in my science class. She told me a bit about Bryce, Monty, Charlie, and Chloe."

"Oh well, Bryce, Monty, and Charlie are on the football team. But did she tell you anything about them?"

"Charlie is chill and sweet, Monty is a dickhead, and Bryce is a rapist. She also told me a tiny bit about the tape drama that happened last year with Hannah."

"Oh she did. We aren't really supposed to bring that up."

"I guess she forgot, I don't think she meant to-"

"It's cool, just change we need to go soon. Don't want coach to be waiting too long. I'll wait for you outside the locker room." Zach said before leaving.

Shit, maybe I shouldn't have reminded him about the tapes. Seems to be a bad memory for everyone. I just hope he's not going to say anything to Sheri for that.

I put on the shirt then went to see the coach with Zach. Everyone was running around the court by the time I got out.

"Hey coach, this is Scott Reed, he's a new student here and he wants to tryout for the football team." Zach told him.

"Oh yeah, I heard about you. Have you played football before?" The coach asked.

"Yeah, I've played a bit in my old school."

"What position?"

"Cornerback."

"Luckily for you that spot is opened. I need to see you throw the football and run around the court about five laps. If you impress me then your in."

"Alright, I'll run first then."

I ran to the court started my five lap run. Thank god I've been working out on my own at home or this would be torture. I haven't thrown a football in a while so let's hope I still have the strength.

Five laps went by pretty fast, only took me about 15 minutes. By the time I was done the other guys seemed to be having a practice game. Coach wanted me to throw around a football with Zach. I actually threw pretty well and I was able to catch it.

"Nice job Reed. You are on the team. Stand here, I'm going to introduce you to the team. Dempsey, can you gather the rest of the team?"

"Sure coach."

"That's great, you don't know how much that means to me." I told him.

"Just don't disappoint me." The coach said.

"I won't."

Zach came back two minutes later with the rest of the team.

"Alright Liberty. This is your new cornerback teammate, Scott Reed." The coach said.

The other members greeted me with fist pumps. After Monty fist pumped me, he gave me a glare. Not sure if I should be worried or not.

"Alright let's have a practice game." The coach said.

The rest of practice was pretty fun. I actually did better then I thought which was good. At least I didn't draw any suspicion.

I went back into the locker room after to change to my normal clothes. Almost everyone left already except for a few other guys.

"Hey Scotty." Some guy shouted.

Scotty? The fuck. I looked up and saw it was Monty. Charlie was standing behind him. Oh no, shits about to happen I thought to myself.

He slowly walked over to me and looked at me for a few seconds with a smirk on his face. After a few seconds he stuck his hand out.

"Welcome to the team." Monty said.

I found it strange but I decided to shake his hand anyways.

"Thanks."

Monty kept smirking at me while walking away.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Charlie said.

I just smiled at him. Well that went way better then I thought. But what could he possibly do to me that got me so nervous? Bryce is the actual rapist and I doubt he would rape me. Charlie's sweet but maybe that's just when he's alone. Who knows how he really acts when his best friends are a rapist and a dickhead.