Chapter 5

Brandon/Scott's POV
English was finally over after what felt like an eternity.

"Hey Scott, can I see your schedule? I want to see if we have anymore classes together. Jeff asked."

"Sure."

"Seems like we have lunch and gym together during fifth and seventh period." Jeff said.

"Awesome. Can you show me where my next class is before you go?" I asked him.

"Of course, lets see. You have math, it's just down the hall. I have a friend in that class, he's pretty cool. I'll introduce you to him if we see him in the hallway."

"Sounds good. Are you sure you don't mind walking with me?"

"No, my class is near there to."

Jeff walked me to my math class. It was pretty close to my English.

"Oh he's already in his seat. Zach!"

I'm assuming this is Zach Dempsey.

"What's up Jeff?"

"New kid here, Scott Reed, this is his next class. I was hoping you can make him comfortable on his first day and help him." Jeff said.

"Yeah not a big problem. Come on Scott, you can sit next to me."

"See you later Reed." Jeff said.

Zach talked to me a bit before class started. He basically just asked me about my past life and if I do any sports. He seemed to be pretty interested when I told him I played baseball and football. Turns out Zach was the football team captain. Overall Zach did seem pretty cool, but he was on one of the tapes so I have to be careful. I just wish I had a copy of those tapes so I can actually know more about these guys. For all I know Hannah could've said someone on the tapes is a murderer.

Math was even worse then English. I've just decided to look through the schedule the whole class. I recently got a text from Rick telling me who's in each of my classes.

1 - English (Jeff Atkins, Tyler Down)
2 - Math (Zach Dempsey)
3 - Art (Jessica Davis, Hannah Baker, Ryan Shaver, Clay Jensen)
4 - History (Alex Standall, Justin Foley, Ani Achola, Hannah Baker, Diego Torres)
5 - Lunch (Everyone)
6 - Study Hall (Marcus Cole, Courtney Crimsen, Luke Holliday, Jessica Davis)
7 - Gym (Jeff Atkins, Clay Jensen, Tony Padilla, Zach Dempsey, Alex Standall, Justin Foley)
8 - Science (Montgomery de la Cruz, Bryce Walker, Charlie George, Chloe Rice, Sheri Holland)

I didn't even notice Tyler in my first period. To be honest I don't even know what the kid looks like. My schedule seems pretty good so far. At least every possible suspect is in my classes at least once. Next class I have is art, seems like four people I have to pay attention to is in that class. Last period seems like it's going to be trouble. I've heard so many bad things about Bryce and Montgomery from Justin.

I went to art after, it was a bit better since I was actually doing something other then sitting down. Hannah, Jessica, and Clay seemed to be talking and laughing throughout the class to each other. Ryan was standing alone, he looked really concentrated in his drawing.

History was next, I remembered seeing Justin in a newspaper so I knew what he looked like. He was sitting next to a girl. He was talking to her along with another guy and girl in front of them. There was an empty desk near him so I just decided to sit.

"Hey, are you new here?" Justin asked me.

"Yeah."

"Oh that's cool, I'm Ani. And you are?"

"Scott."

"Very nice to meet you. This guy sitting next to me is Justin, and that's Hannah and Alex." Ani said.

I just remembered I had football tryouts after school. I remember Justin being on the football team so I decided to start a conversation about it.

"Hey, are either of you on the Liberty football team?"

"Yeah, I am." Justin said.

"I have tryouts this afternoon and I'm not exactly sure where to go."

"We usually meet on the field by the gym. You should have gym later. There's a door near it, you just go out with that door and the field is right there." Justin told me.

The teacher walked in after that. History was even more boring. I've always hated this subject. At least I have three fun non working periods after this class.