Chapter 6

Brandon/Scott's POV
It was finally time for lunch. I walked in looking around for a place to sit until I heard someone calling my name.

"Hey Scott! Over here." Jeff called out.

I walked over to him. Zach, Justin, Clay, and Hannah were already there sitting with him.

"So guys, have any of you met Scott yet? I know Zach did." Jeff asked them.

Justin and Hannah both nodded their heads.

"Well we still have a few other people joining us soon but let me introduce you to this one. Clay Jensen meet Scott Reed, Scott Reed, Clay Jensen."

"Hi." Clay said sounding kind of angry.

"Umm hey."

I wonder what's his problem. Maybe he's still upset about Skye.

Soon a few other people joined us for lunch. Jessica, Ani, Alex, Tony, and Sheri came to sit. I looked at the table not too far away from here. It was a table full of jocks who were making a scene with how loud they were being. I wonder why Justin, Zach, and Jeff aren't sitting with them. Those three are jocks to. I guess they're the more nicer ones since those guys at the jock table, they look like the ones you really don't want to mess with. I accidently made eye contact with the guy in the flannel, shit.

I mainly just sat there listening to them. They all seem like a really nice person. Especially Jeff and Zach. They have been nothing but friendly to me since I've arrived here this morning. It's hard to believe they would kill Skye, but I still have to watch out.

Lunch ended. I didn't talk to too many people during lunch. At some point Jeff and Zach tried to get me into the conversation. Everyone seemed so nice.

Jessica found out she had study hall with me next period so she decided we should walk together. We both sat at a table in the library. She had homework and I have nothing yet so I just went on my phone for the remainder of study hall.

Study hall finally ended. I had gym next. At least gym is usually fun. I mainly hung out with Jeff's group of friends during gym. We played basketball. It was fun since I was actually doing something.

Gym was over. Finally the last period. It sucks knowing I have to go back to this school multiple times. I'm so sick of school already and this is just the first day. At least I don't have to pay attention since whatever I get for the rest of the year won't affect anything.

I walked in my science class and saw three of the jocks from lunch, along with one of the guys I accidently made eye contact with. There was an empty seat next to Sheri so I decided to walk up to her.

"Hey, Sheri right?"

"Yeah, Scott. I remember you from lunch when Jeff introduced you."

"Is it cool if I sit here? It's fine if your saving the seat for someone else already."

"No, go ahead sit. I'm not really close to anyone in this class anyways. These other two sitting here are just here. We're not friends or anything. I only talk to the cheerleaders once a while but we're not close."

"Are you a cheerleader yourself?" I asked her.

"I used to be but I quit a few months ago."

"Is there a particular reason?"

Sheri looked a bit uncomfortable when I asked her that. Shit, I think I crossed the line.

"You don't have to answer that if you don't want to."

"No it's ok. I quit because of the rape history that happened with this school last year. Your new here so you probably haven't heard about any of that. But last year, Hannah, the girl that sat next to Clay during lunch, she tried to kill herself last year. Worst of all is she made tapes blaming each person on it for why she's suiciding. Most of the reasons weren't the biggest deal but the one that really caused her to commit suicide was because she was raped. Do you see that guy over there in the navy sweatshirt? That's Bryce Walker, he raped Hannah and Jessica."

"Wow, that's horrible. How is he not in jail for that?"

"He has to go to court but with his money he got away with it."

"Who are those two other guys with him and that girl?" I asked her.

"The guy in the flannel is Montgomery de la Cruz, also known as Monty. The other guy in the varsity jacket is Charlie George. The girl is Bryce's girlfriend, Chloe Rice. I don't even know why Chloe is still with him. Jessica told me Chloe said he raped her but she said he didn't during court."

"Are Monty and Charlie rapists to?"

"No, Charlie is actually kind of sweet. I don't know why he hangs out with them. Not all jocks are terrible, as you can see with Zach, Justin, and Jeff. Monty he's a dickhead and likes to tease girls but he isn't a rapist. Overall most of them are assholes. The teacher is coming in." Sheri said.

Of course the teacher has to come in at this time. Right when I was trying to get more information from her. I need to ask someone about Skye. At least I learned a bit about Sheri, Bryce, and Monty.