Chapter 14

Brandon/Scott's POV
I was leaving the prison, still shocked about what my brother had told me. I can't believe I never knew. I know my brother would never kill someone, but after keeping this a secret from me, what else could he be hiding?

Monday

I can't believe it was Monday. How am I going to survive a whole five days of school? I didn't do anything on Sunday since my parents were working. I've calmed down about the whole Justin and Skye dating situation. But I'm still a bit disappointed that my own brother lied to me.

I put on a long black sleeve shirt with black jeans and black adidas shoes. It was a bit on the colder side today, after all it is the middle of October. Which also means football is ending in a month. But I also heard homecoming is this weekend. I'm so not excited for it but maybe I can find out some more information.

I got to school and went to my locker. When I turned around, I saw Clay and Jeff talking. Clay was looking at me weirdly. Like he has an angry suspicious look. Does he know my plan? I should probably ask Jeff about it later. I decided to go to my first period class.

A few minutes later Jeff walked in.

"Hey, I didn't see you at the party on Saturday. Did you end up not going?" Jeff asked me while sitting in his seat.

"I did go. I didn't see you either. Maybe there was too many people for us to see each other."

"Maybe. But how did you like it? Did you get drunk?"

"It was a pretty cool party. I only had six cups so I wasn't too drunk, but I left a bit after midnight."

"Oh I left a bit earlier then that. I went with Clay and he said he wasn't feeling good so I decided to take him home."

"Was he ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah, parties are not his type of thing. He's also very light when it comes to alcohol."

"I see. Speaking of Clay, I saw you two talking before. I don't know if you were talking about me or not but I noticed Clay giving me a weird look."

"Oh it's nothing, just Clay being paranoid."

Paranoid? About what?

The teacher walked in after that.

Football practice

"Everyone come here! I have an announcement!" The coach said.

Everyone made their way to the coach.

"As you know, Scott Reed, our new cornerback joined our football team last week."

Everyone started cheering and whistling after that.

"Settle down. So I got him something."

I looked at him in surprised. I didn't think he would get me anything. I saw him taking something out of the box. It was a blue varsity jacket with the Liberty Tigers logo on it.

"This is yours Scott." The coach said while handing me the jacket.

"This is awesome coach. Thank you so much." I told him.

"Don't mention it, just make me proud on the fields."

"I will coach."

We all headed to the fields after for a practice football game. Coach wanted us to work harder this week so we can win the homecoming game.

I got home after practice and took a shower then ate dinner. I was on my phone around night time and I got a text from the football group chat.

Zach: Congrats on receiving the varsity jacket Scott!

After Zach sent that, I got a few more texts of the guys congratulating me.

Scott: Thanks guys! Wouldn't have been here without all of you.

Bryce: By the way, we have a football tradition here. Every Friday we wear the jacket.

Scott: Awesome, I'll join you guys in wearing it on Friday then.

They sent a few texts after that but I didn't really reply. Nothing too important that I should reply to anyways. It was getting late so I decided to sleep.