Chapter 12

Brandon/Scott's POV
I woke up the next morning. It was Saturday. I decided to text Charlie to ask him if he wanted to hang out.

Scott: Hey Charlie.

He replied about five minutes later.

Charlie: Hey, what's up?

Scott: Are you doing anything today?

Charlie: Not really. Don't have any plans yet.

Scott: Do you want to hang out? I know we just met but I'm trying to make some friends with the football guys and you seem like a nice and cool dude.

Charlie: Thanks for the complement and I would love to hang out. You know where?

Scott: I was hoping you can pick a place. I'm still pretty new here so I don't really know any place yet.

Charlie: Do you like coffee? Because I know this really good cafe if you're interested.

Scott: Sounds good. Text me the name and address?

Charlie: Monet's ......

Perfect. My brother told me Skye used to work here. It should be easy bringing her up now.

Scott: See you in 2 hours?

Charlie: See ya!

It was only 11 now. So I'd be meeting Charlie at 1. I just hope none of the other football guys would be there. I know they would try to tag along and it'd be best if I asked Charlie about the whole Skye situation alone.

I've decided to put on a black thrasher t-shirt with blue jeans and sunglasses since it was pretty sunny outside. I think I'm going to go see my brother after my hangout with Charlie.

When I got to Monet's, I saw Charlie already sitting there waiting for me. Justin was inside also. I saw him wearing a Monet's shirt so he probably worked there. I looked around and didn't see anyone else I knew.

I started walking in then Justin saw me.

"I'll see you later Charlie. Hey Scott." Justin said as he was walking away.

"Hey."

"I haven't ordered yet, I wasn't sure what you wanted."

"I think I'll just have the best drink on their menu."

"Got it, I'll be right back." Charlie said as he was going to order for us.

Charlie came back with two drinks in his hand five minutes later.

"So I don't think I know anything about you yet. Tell me a fun fact about yourself." I said to Charlie.

"Sure. Ummm. I don't really know if this counts as fun but I'm a sophomore."

"Really? But your in my science class."

"That's because I transferred here last year. In my old school I already took the science class I was supposed to when I was a freshmen. So now I'm kind of a year ahead for science." Charlie explained.

I actually never knew he was a sophomore. If he's new and a year younger then he couldn't have possibly known Skye. But I can't remove him from the possible suspects list yet. He could've still met her somehow within one year. I don't see Charlie as a murderer though. Let's hope he's actually not.

"So what's a fun fact about you?" Charlie asked me.

What's something that won't give away who I really am but is true. Oh I got it.

"Yesterday's party was actually my first alcohol party."

"So you've never drank before?"

"I have, just not at parties. My last high school was pretty innocent." I told him.

"I see."

That is true though. But of course I've drank alcohol before, maybe just not a lot.

Charlie and I started talking about sports. Turns out football is the only sport he plays. Overall Charlie is a really nice person. We talked for about an hour. I decided now is the time to bring up Skye.

"Can I ask you something? It may be personal to you or a hard topic."

"Try me."

"I saw on the news that a girl from Liberty was killed a few weeks ago. I also heard she worked at Monet's."

"Oh yeah, it was so sad what happened to that girl. I didn't really know her but it still sucked."

"Did you hear anything about the person who killed her?"

"Yeah I think the guy was Justin Butler. I don't know anything about him. Rumors are they were seeing each other."

This is the second time I'm hearing this. It could just be a rumor but I need to ask my brother.