Chapter 28

Brandon/Scott's POV
I left Charlie's place and walked back to my house. When I opened the door, to my surprise my parents were actually home.

"Nice to see your finally home Brandon." My dad said.

"Yeah sorry, I forgot to call you last night."

"Your lucky your friend picked up the phone, what was his name... Charlie? I think. He said you were too tired to walk home so you crashed at his place." My mom said.

Thank god Charlie didn't tell them I was drunk.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that, it was just a long night."

"It's fine, after all you are an adult and we trust you." My dad said.

"Anyways, what are you doing home? Don't you have work?" I asked them.

"We decided to take the day off. We were thinking about visiting your brother and celebrating Christmas with him. You should come with us." My mom said.

"Sure. Let me get changed first."

"Take your time, we're leaving in about two hours. I still have to finish up cooking some food." My mom said.

I nodded then head to my bedroom. I decided to pick out an outfit first.

I think I'm going to wear this green flannel I have. It's the only Christmas related outfit that I have.

-

We arrived at the prison. It was a tiny bit more crowded then usual since most people wanted to spend this holiday with their love ones.

We all sat down and my parents started to set the table. We all talked and laughed while eating just like the old times. I forgot how much fun it was having a family dinner. Most of the times it was just my brother and I eating alone at the dinner table since my parents always got home so late. The only time we'd have a family dinner is during Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas. I thought for sure we wouldn't do anything for Christmas this year but I guess I was wrong. We didn't even do anything for Thanksgiving last month honestly. My parents really wasn't in the holiday mood because of what happened to my brother. I still wonder why they wanted to celebrate Christmas this year.

After we finished eating and my parents cleaned the table. My mom pulled out something from her purse. It was a present.

"Justin, since it's Christmas, we wanted to give you this." My mom said to him.

"Oh you guys didn't have to." My brother said sounding kind of surprised.

"Just open it." My dad said playfully.

As Justin opened it, the gift revealed a picture frame.

"No way." Justin said.

"It's a family picture of all of us together. We figured it would make you miss us less if you had a picture of us." My mom said.

"This is great! Thank you!" Justin said before getting up and giving all of us a hug.

I was actually surprised by what they gave him. I didn't even know my parents planned on giving him a present.

Visiting time was soon over so we had to leave. This was one of the greatest Christmas's ever even though we spent it in prison. That doesn't matter though since I got to spend it with my parents and brother. I wouldn't mind spending it anywhere aslong as I'm with them.

When we got home it was pretty late and it was getting dark outside. Suddenly I got a text from someone. I wonder who it is.

Bryce: Merry Christmas boys!

Oh it was the football group chat. I'm not sure why we really still use it even though football season ended a while ago.

After Bryce sent that a few more people replied and wished each other a Merry Christmas.

Bryce: I'm having a New Years countdown at my place and only my boys are invited!

Another party? Well at least this one is different. I hope.

Monty: Let's go!

Luke: I'm down.

Bryce: My parents are going to be out of the house and I have a whole stash of beer hidden. WE'RE ALL GETTING DRUNK!!!

Monty: FUCK YEAH! YOU'RE NOT LEAVING UNTIL YOU'RE DRUNK!

Bryce and Monty all ready sounds like they're drunk.

A few more of the boys commented on all that so I just shut my phone. After the text notification stopped for a few minutes, suddenly it went off again.

Charlie: Hey, are you going to Bryce's New Years countdown party?

Scott: Not sure yet, are you?

Charlie: Yeah I kind of have to.

Scott: Ok, then I'll probably come too.

Charlie: By the way, how did it go with your parents this morning?

Scott: Nothing bad happened. They were cool with it.

Charlie: That's good to hear. Did you do anything for Christmas today?

Scott: Yeah, we went to see my brother and had a Christmas dinner with him.

Charlie: That sounds nice. We just opened presents then went out for dinner.

Scott: It's getting late so I'm going to go. Merry Christmas Charlie.

Charlie: Merry Christmas:)