Chapter 33

Brandon/Scott's POV
It was about an hour before my Valentine's date with Sheri. I decided to wear a flannel, it was nice but not too fancy. I texted Sheri a bit last night and she said I can surprise her with any place I know. I looked online and found this place called Rosie's Diner. It was pretty close so and the food looked good so I think I'm going to take her there.

I was driving to her house, she didn't live too far away from me. I texted her after I arrived.

Scott: Hey, I'm here.

About a minute later, she responded.

Sheri: Give me 4 minutes.

Scott: Ok.

A few minutes later, Sheri finally got out of her house. Woah.

"Hey Sheri, you look beautiful." I said when she got in my car. And I actually mean it, she really does look beautiful. How has she never caught my attention before.

"Thank you Scott, you don't look so bad yourself.

"Thanks, but I feel so underdressed now." I said jokingly.

"Oh no, so that basically means I'm overdressed." Sheri said in a sarcastic tone.

We both laughed and I drove us to Rosie's Diner. Throughout the whole car ride we just kept talking about school and stuff.

When we got to the Diner, I got out of the car and opened the door for her.

"Thank you Scott. I didn't know you could be such a gentlemen." Sheri said in a jokingly tone.

I smiled at what she said and we made our way inside. I already reserved us a table so we didn't have to wait. We ordered some food and started talking.

"Did you do the Dollar Valentine?" I asked Sheri.

"Yeah, I just did it for fun since some of my other friends were."

"Who ended up on your list?" I said sounding a bit curious.

"Why do you want to know?" Sheri said giggling.

"I'm just curious. I told you that you were my number one, I think it's right if you tell me." I say smiling.

"Alright fine. It was you. You, Scott Reed were my number one." Sheri said getting kind of quiet.

I'm kind of shocked I was on Sheri's number one list. But I'm happy about that.

"Stop smiling." Sheri said as she started blushing.

Oh shit, I didn't even realize I was smiling about it.

"Oh look, the foods here, let's eat." We both ate and talked about ourselves. Sheri is such an interesting person and I'm glad I went on this date with her. Even if it was just to get out of a punishment, I still would've enjoyed this date even if it wasn't for that reasoning.

When we finished eating, we decided to take a little walk in the park near the diner.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Sheri.

"Yeah, what is it?" Sheri said sounding concerned.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked her sounding kind of nervous.

"Why would I be mad at you?" Sheri asked.

"You know, because of what happened between us in the past. I know you were really mad at me after that incident that happened between Zach and I."

"I'm not going to lie, I was kind of shocked about it. Like I know I just met you at that time but you really didn't seem like the type of person to start a fight." Sheri said.

"I know and trust me I didn't want that to happen either."

"Well then why did you push Zach?" Sheri asked me.

"Zach said something that hit me emotionally. I guess I just lost control and accidently shoved him." I explained.

"Well what could he have said that was so bad?"

"I can't say, not that I don't trust you but it's pretty private." I told her.

"It's ok, I understand. You can tell me whenever you're ready." Sheri said trying to comfort me. She must know I was kind of upset because she slowly grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Well it's getting late, we should get going." I said taking my hand back quickly and started to walk to the car.

I drove Sheri home after that an we did not talk on the way home. Fuck she must've felt pretty awkward that I did that. I like Sheri but I know she will hate me when she finds out why I'm really at that school and all the secrets I've been keeping from her and everyone. Like hell even my real name is a secret. I can't let Sheri fall for me because I know it will crush her when she finds out the truth one day.