Chapter 16

Homecoming day

Brandon/Scott's POV
It's the morning before homecoming. The game doesn't start till 6 and I don't need to be there till 4. I've got five hours. I decided to text Charlie to ask if he wanted to hang before the game. I want to try to hang out with the other guys but they're literally attached to each other.

Scott: Hey Charlie, are you doing anything before the homecoming game?

Charlie: Not really, I'm just chilling right now.

Scott: Do you want to hang out then go to the game together?

Charlie: Sure. Where do you want to go?

Scott: Monet's? I'm in love with their coffee.

I wasn't lying. Their coffee is actually pretty good.

Charlie: Lol sure.

I got dressed in a white button down shirt with black slacks. Apprently were supposed to wear something nice before changing into our jerseys. I brought my duffel bag with me since I didn't feel like going home again later. And it's also best Charlie doesn't find out where I live. Well not yet at least. I actually trust Charlie as of right now. But it's going to be different if he's actually the one who murdered Skye, I just hope it's not him.

If the actual killer does get caught then I'd prob show some of my Liberty friends my house. If they still want to be friends with me after finding out I lied to them.

I came in and didn't see Charlie anywhere. I assume he's not here yet. I decided to order for both of us. I got Charlie the same drink he ordered last time. Hopefully he still wants the same one.

I went to order and Justin was my cashier.

"Hey Scott, what can I get for you?" Justin asked me.

"Hey, same as last week."

"Got it."

"Aren't you coming to the homecoming game?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"But your working."

"I get off in about two hours. I only need about an hour to get ready so I'll make it on time. Are you excited?"

"Yup, it's going to be my first Liberty homecoming."

And my first homecoming game that I'm going to be in.

"Your going to fucking love it! Here's your drink. Are you waiting for Charlie?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" I ask him.

"Charlie always orders this."

"At least now I know I didn't mess up on his order."

"Ha yeah. Anyways I'll see you at the game later."

I brought the drinks to the same table Charlie and I sat at last time. A few minutes later Charlie walked through the doors.

"Hey, I hope you didn't have to wait for me for too long." Charlie said.

"No, I just ordered our drinks a few minutes ago. I got you your favorite drink."

"Awesome thanks man! You already dressed up?"

"Yeah, I didn't feel like going back to my house."

"Oh shit, well I still have to change."

"It's ok, will just stop by your house after we finish our drinks." I told him.

"If you don't mind waiting."

"Of course not."

We ended up talking a lot. Charlie is such a sweet and funny person, he really isn't like the other jocks.

We left Monet's two hours before the game started. Charlie invited me inside his house while he was changing. His house is pretty nice. Charlie took about thirty minutes to get ready. We hung at his place for a bit then started to leave when there was fifteen minutes left.

When I got in there everyone was basically wearing the same thing. There wasn't a specific color we had to wear but seems like everyone just happened to own a white button down. Zach actually had a jacket on him so I guess that was a bit different.

When I walked in Zach and Monty asked me to take a picture with them. Of course I agreed.

We started to get changed into our jerseys and coach wanted us to start warming up. We ran on the fields then threw footballs to warm up our hands and arms. We warmed up for about an hour until coach called us back in. I noticed the benches slowly filling up. I guess people take the homecoming game very seriously since they showed up a lot earlier then I expected.

Everyone kept telling me it's going to be a fun night and a great game. But somehow... I feel like something bad is going to happen.