○ Mr. Bird!○

You snapped your head back at the hero infront of you, nearly stumbling from after shock.

"S-sorry..."

Hawks gave you a small, playful chuckle and ruffled your hair. Your face turned red as embarrassment took over you.

"No need to apologise, kid. But, word of advice. Never let the senses of your wings overtake your normal senses. Don't wanna get caught by surprise from anything, y'know? Anyways, what are you doing here and how did you get here?"

"Ms. Midnight brought me here so I could stay with a hero while she was on patrol. Wait- Ms. Midnight! I ran off and now she's going to get angry!"

Memories of the times you lost your father after your mom's funeral in the crowd took over. He got angry. So angry that once he found you, a harsh slap made its way to your face, causing you a bloody nose and a busted lip.

Hawks watched panic flood all over you. He looked sideways around him but then he was ticked off by a very distant shout from a trembling voice.

"Hey, kid. Kid! Snap out of it..."

Hawks snapped his fingers infront of your panicked and fazed out face. Your head looked back up to him with tears in your eyes as your mouth trembled.

"Don't worry. We'll find Midnight and bring you to her. Let's go-"

"N-no!"

Before Hawks could fully stand back up again, he looked down at you with confusion from your sudden refusal.

"She... she'll get angry... just like my old papa...."

The tears were now falling over your trembling hands as you looked down to your feet. Your voice was like a whisper as you tried not to sob.

Hawks didn't know what was happening to you until he figured it out.

You were just like him too.

"Alright. Listen her kiddo..."

He kneeled down to your height once again.

"Midnight would never hurt you. No matter what. No one over here is going to hurt you for something as merely getting lost. Miss midnight is probably worried over the moon right now trying to find you. See. Hear her shouts for you from wayyy over there?"

He pointed his index finger off into the hall and brought your attention to the barely loud voices at the end of it. One of them familiarly being Midnight's.

You looked back up at Hawks again but your tears had now stopped and your sobs have lowered down.

"Why don't we go and calm her down and tell her you're safe, alright."

You nodded slowly at Hawks and he gave gave you a gentle smile. He carried you up in his arms whilst he stood back up again and walked towards the chatter.

*:..。o○ ○o。..:*

"Where could she have gone, Jeanist?! Oh, could I lose her!"

Midnight was about to be in tears as Best Jeanist stood by her, trying to calm her down with a few other hero's who heard the chaos and tried to help her find you.

"Calm down, Nemuri. I'm sure she'll be around here somewhere. The security doors have been locked and she couldn't have gone far."

Jeanist did the best as he could to calm Midnight down, but her sudden motherly instincts were unwilling to. Even though he had met you for a very brief moment, Best Jeanist was already ticked off very much at whoever may have taken you or caused you to suddenly dissappear.

"Ahem."

Everyone looked towards the sudden incoming voice of Hawks. A small child with wings being carried in his arms brought relief to everyone.

"(Y/N)!"

Midnight leaped from her place and ran over to you. Hawks slowly handed your little form over into her own arms as she began to hug you and tell you how worried she was about you. Tears were on the brim of her eyes as your hands clutched her back.

"Oh how worried I was... Where did you go..."

She dadjusted you back into her arms as she gave you a soft look, her face less tense than before.

"I'm sorry... my wings were tingly and...and..."

"Y'know what, its fine. No matter as long as your here right now and safe."

Midnight let out a huge breath of relief as she looked back at Hawks.

"Thank you, Hawks. I'm sorry for the trouble."

"Oh, Haha! No trouble at all. Kids fo tend to get lost so it's okay. Though I did hear that she was here to be supervised. I am free today if you'd like to leave her with me?"

Joyously, Midnight smiled back at the hero and gave him a nod before looking back at you.

"*sigh*Though you did just give me a fright, I have to go patrol now. What do you say about staying with Hawks today (Y/N)?"

You gave a frantic nod as to how happy you were and Midnight giggled at your enthusiasm. She placed you back to the ground and let you walk over back to Hawks's side. He gladly took your hand in his.

"Alright. Now, we better be on our way Midnight. We don't want to be late for the patrol too much."

"Oh, you're right Jeanist. Well, this is our goodbye for now, (Y/N)-chan. Don't give Mr. Hawks over here too much trouble, alright?"

"Mhm!"

Midnight gave a last glance at Hawks before nodding and walking away with Best Jeanist. After the two had left your sight, you returned your attention to the winged hero holding your hand with a smile.

"What are we going to do today Mr. Hawks?"

"Well, that depends on you. What would you like to do today?"

You began to contemplate your options, but a quick answer was already in mind.

"Can you teach me how to fly?!"

You looked back up at Hawks with puppy eyes as he chuckled.

"If that's what you want, then that's what we are going to do!"

So that's how you ended up on the roof of the Headquarters with Hawks holding you up like Simba. Only this time, he let go.

Word count: 1023