Freedom

A Year Ago
Class 2-A
(Y/N) POV

The school has ended and I was preparing to leave the class. Before I could leave, two of my classmates scream "We're gonna be late for the cram school" before rushing out of the class.

I just stared without saying anything. And then I noticed five of my classmates were chatting amongst themselves. I heard they were the top students of this school.

The difference is crystal clear. Not everyone was natural born genius. And I'm listed in those who weren't born as a genius.

I walked to the door but the head of the earlier group of students called me out.

Student 1: Hey, Araumi-kun. How about hanging out with us? It's not like you're struggling with your grades like those two.

This school which is solely focused on academic alone wouldn't do any good to those who were only good at sports. Maybe meritocracy is the only way.

Me: I'll pass. I have my own plan.

To who who were born as a genius, be proud all you want with your knowledge.

Student 1: I see. Well, see you tomorrow.

And to those who weren't born as genius, struggle all you want till you satisfied. But remember...

Me: Yeah.

I left the class.

No matter how knowledgeable you are...

Nagisa: Araumi-kun, over here!

Karma: Come on, let's go. The restaurant will be crowded if we're late.

And no matter how much you struggle...

Me: Right, sorry.

You won't be able to defeat me. Even when I'm slacking. You could at least understand that, couldn't you?

End of Flashback
Main Building Area
Bush
(Y/N) POV

End of FlashbackMain Building AreaBush(Y/N) POV

Yeah that was us Class E. I knew I shouldn't follow these guys for this "Takebayshi's aftercare" and went straight home with Sara.

Kataoka: Looks like he's doing pretty well.

Maehara: Doesn't he actually look more sociable now?

Terasaka: Keh. That's why I told you to just leave that four-eyes alone.

Couldn't you guys see that he actually noticed us?