CHAMPAGNE OR SCOTCH

Geetanjali was standing in front of the window, staring at the main gate. She didn't wipe the tears cascading down her eyes, she was tired of doing that for days.

'why do you miss him so much?' her subconscious mind questioned

"I don't know. I have been all alone since childhood days but now it feels like a part of me is missing. It's heart wrenching when I realise that he wouldn't be there beside me neither when I sleep nor when I wake up" Geetanjali sobbed

'Why don't you try something to distract yourself?' her mind again poked

"I am attracted to him in such a way that nothing can distract me. Every single thing that I look at reminds me of him. This bed, the closest, the mirror, the study room, the books we purchased........ everything. I want him I need him"

There was a knock on the door. Geetanjali composed herself quickly wiping her tears.

"Ji" Geetanjali approved the person behind the door to enter

"Bahu hukum....... hukum aa gaye hain aur neeche apka intezaar kar rahe hai" An elderly maid informed.

An immediate smile formed on her face. Her happiness knew no boundary. Finally Kartavya has arrived. She quickly ran downstairs to meet him. But the scenario stunned her .

When the maid said about 'Hukum's' arrival, she wasn't talking about Kartavya but the return of Digvijay Singh Chauhan.

"Papa" Geetanjali whispered

"Gunnu" Digvijay spread his arms in happiness.

Geetanjali ran into his arms and got coconed in Digvijay's fatherly embrace.

"Kesi hai meri laddo?" Digvijay lovingly asked

"Thik hu bhi aur nhi bhi" Geetanjali murmured

"Missed me?" Digvijay asked

"I did par thoda thoda" Geetanjali sniffed

"Is it because my son proved to be a good company?" Digvijay asked to which Geetanjali nodded

"Aww am hurt that my Gunnu missed me thoda thoda when I missed her a lot" Digvijay teased Geetanjali

"Papa" Geetanjali whined and Digvijay pinched her cheeks.

"Sara pyaar papa ko then what about your Kaku sa?" Mrityunjay asked

Geetanjali grinned and was about to hug him when Ahalya spoke "Apko kitni baar kaha hai ki ladies first.....kaku sa se pehle kaki ma ka number ata hai"

Mrityunjay rolled his eyes while Geetanjali grinned and went towards Ahalya. She was about to hug her when Ahalya showed her palm to Geetanjali.

"Where are your manners Geetanjali? Pehle pao chuo (touch my feet)" Ahalya said strictly

Geetanjali said a small "sorry kaki ma" and bent to touch her feet when Ahalya engulfed Geetanjali in a tight embrace.

"I so love to bully you.......mera na bohot pehle se sapna tha typical daily soap saas banne ka and thank you Geetanjali for fulfilling my wishes"
Ahalya pinched Geetanjali's cheeks

"Yeh toh Kartavya bhaiya hai ki kuch nhi bolte apko, par mom mere biwi ke saath yeh sab nhi chalega" Yuvraj said and sat beside Ahalya

Ahalya glared at her son and pulled his ear "zyada nhi bol raha hai tu"

"Bade papa help" Yuvraj hid behind Digvijay while Mrityunjay caressed her head lovingly.

He could feel Geetanjali's dilemma. She was happy to have the elder Chauhans back in the mansion but her heart was longing for someone else.

FANAA जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें