DIWALI

Kartavya was getting ready in their room while Geetanjali descended downstairs to look into the arrangements.

"Good morning kaki ma" Geetanjali wished Ahalya who was sitting in the hall with a lot of sweets ranging in different varieties.

"Good morning Geetanjali....come" Ahalya patted the place next to her.
Geetanjali sat there with a warm smile.

"Geetanjali beta..... almost everything is done but remember you have to do the pooja along with Kartavya" Ahalya said while making the garland for the deity.

"Ji kaki ma" Geetanjali nodded enthusiastically and asked "toh phir tab tak mein rangoli bana du?"

"Bilkul......sari saman wahan portico ke paas rakhwa di hai" Ahalya said

"Thank you kaki ma....." Geetanjali said and ran towards the portico

"Good morning Kaki ma" Kartavya wished but his eyes were on the retrieving figure of Geetanjali.

"Hmmm eyes here young boy...... Geetanjali kahin Jaa nhi rahi baas ghar ke portico tak jaa rahi rangoli bannane ke liye" Ahalya teased

"Kaki ma.....my eyes are stucked to you only.....look how beautiful you are looking, you are glowing Kaki ma.....I was so sure blue gonna suit you" Kartavya complimented. It has been ritualistic for this duo that in every occasion when Ahalya will purchase any attire for herself she would ask Kartavya for the colour. It was her belief that the colour choices by Kartavya suits her so much that guests and relatives doesn't get tired praising her.

Ahalya lovingly pulled his cheeks. Who in return rested his head on her shoulder.

"Waise Geetanjali, didi ki kapdon mein kafi Sundar lag rahi hai....... missing her?" Ahalya asked

"Naah not much itu sa baas (showed a gesture with his thumb and pointer finger).....I have you na that's why" Kartavya said.

Ahalya looked at him with a faint smile. He is still the same. No doubt he is now a well grown up man but the child inside him still craves for his mother and tries to suffice the feeling by getting affection from her (Ahalya). He would do everything for her that he would have done for his mother if she would be alive.

"Mom good morning......where is my damn coffee" Yuvraj asked while coming out of his room still in his night clothes.

Ahalya's eyes widened when Yuvraj came to sit near her.

"Oye....dur reh.....aaj ke din bhi shaheb ko dopehar 12 baje uthne hai....aur toh aur laadesar ko coffee chahiye" Ahalya detested. Yuvraj saw the wall clock, it's not 9 in the morning even. He rolled his eyes.

Ahalya was about to give him a slap but he halted her hands near his biceps. She looked here and there and picked the long scissor and beat him with it "jaa Jake naha ke aa.....sab chu ke pura ghar a-pavitra kar dega nhi toh yeh ladka"

Yuvraj smirked an evil smile and stepped forward to hug his mother. "Yuvi dur reh..... bilkul mat chu mujhe, bohot mar padegi nhi toh tujhe....." Ahalya tried to intimidate Yuvraj while she herself was scared of being touched by Yuvraj who haven't taken a bath yet.

Yuvraj stepped extreme close, scaring his mother and then within a blink of an eye he crossed his mother and hugged Kartavya and whined like a child "Bhai ........."

"Get ready chotey" Kartavya patted his back while Ahalya slapped her forehead in disrelish.

"Satyanash" Ahalya said and went out to bring gangajaal.

Kartavya got a call from his PA and went outside while talking with his PA.

He kept walking being fully consumed in his talk. He didn't realise that he was about to step on the rangoli made by Geetanjali.

FANAA जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें