BHEYD-THE ARCANUM

Mrityunjay was still contemplating the scenario. How his brother changed his decision and even announced it. This is not what they have planned. Since when did Yuvraj become eligible for the Chairman post of CGC, it was Kartavya from the beginning. It has to be Kartavya only.

Kartavya...... remembering Kartavya, he scanned the crowd through his gaze to find Kartavya. He didn't find him but found a joyful Ahalya. Who was so delighted receiving the news. Since the day she got to know that Kartavya will be the Chairman of CGC, she was tormented to her core.

She loves Kartavya beyond any one's imagination but when it comes to Yuvraj, no matter what her child naturally becomes her priority. Every time the family members discussed, the transformation of position and power to Kartavya, her heart clenched in anticipation. What will happen if Kartavya doesn't show affection towards Yuvraj after he becomes the head of CGC. She could share her emotions with no one. One is her husband who turns blind when it comes to his brother and her son proudly follows his father's footsteps.

Ahalya looked at Digvijay who blinked his eyes in assurance. "Thank you Bhai sa" Ahalya said

"Anything you wish for" Digvijay lovingly patted her head and left for his room.

Mrityunjay looked at Yuvraj who too could understand whose plan this can be. His eyes held detest for his mother. Mrityunjay smiled sadly and went near Ahalya. Side hugging her, he wished "congratulations"

"Same to you" Ahalya replied excitedly

"Naah not to me, it's only for you. This failure is all yours, I have not a single percentage of share in it" Mrityunjay snarled

"What do you mean by failure?"

"Looking at your son. If I am not wrong then the look he is giving you is full of hate and disgust......you did all this for him, but did you ask him if he wants or not? Did you for once think about Kartavya who loves you beyond anyone's imagination? ........no didn't and this failure is solely yours to suffer....." Mrityunjay gritted his teeth

"Jab baap apne bache ke bare mein nhi sochta tab uski maa ko toh sochna padega na" Ahalya reasoned her actions

"Great.......agar esa hi tumhara soch hai toh all the best for your journey on safarnama. After all you too are Kartavya's relative right and you gracefully played your role" Mrityunjay mocked three claps and left to attend other guests for courtesy sake.

INSIDE KARTAVYA'S ROOM

Geetanjali entered the room which was completely dark. She turned on the lights but didn't finish Kartavya there inside the room. She again turned the lights off and went to the balcony.

There he was sitting numbly on the floor, looking at the sky. His coat has been rejected while sleeves rolled till elbow and his fingers had a burning cigarette.

Geetanjali came near him. She sat beside him and eyed the one empty and another half empty alcohol bottle.  She didn't even want to count the cigarette butts realising how many he has smoked till now.

She tried to take away the cigarette placed in between his fingers. "Don't" came a firm order from Kartavya. His eyes still focused on the sky.

"Kartavya ji, please......it's not good for your health. You have already smoked many....."

"Ssshhh ....." Kartavya shushed her

And continued looking at the sky "let her see, how much her son has spoiled. Mom dekh rahi hai na aap? am drinking and smoking and I will continue doing more.....kya soch kar mujhe akele chod kar chale gayi aap?.......mumma, are you upset looking at my distressed self or are you enjoying it like others? No one cares mumma no one cares"

FANAA जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें