AVENGE

FLASHBACK CONTINUES

Vikrant was gobsmacked to find Kartavya walking in grace towards the chair. While Ishani was on the verge of being faint. She couldn't believe that Kartavya whom she thought will struggle with his endeavours is loaded all by himself. He didn't even need Chauhan Inc rather Chauhan Inc needs him to rise and shine.

Kartavya cared less about who are in front of him. He sat majestically on his chair. Vikrant controlled his perplexed emotions. He gulped his saliva with the sudden change of events. He thought of giving him a job while he himself has come to convince and even beg Kartavya to accept his deal. He felt it is the universe mocking his choice of words and intentions.

Composing himself Vikrant thought to break the dead silence. He greeted Kartavya with a polite and formal smile "good morning Mr.Chauhan"
Kartavya didn't even acknowledge his greetings, making Vikrant grit his teeth but maintain the facade of calmness.

Ishani was all swirling over Kartavya. For once her desire for Kartavya quivered when she came to know that Kartavya is no longer a part of Chauhan Inc but now this conglomerate belongs to him. He is the sole emperor of this freaking empire. Her desire to become his queen turned into determination.

Kartavya opened the file kept before him and after skipping a few pages he hautily asked Vikrant, "so Mr. Vikrant what do you have to offer?"

"Th...tis.....this project will be of great help to ex..... expand your business....and......you know " Vikrant was extremely influenced by Kartavya's dominating aura which made him fumble with his words

Kartavya chuckled humorously and said, "do you think I need this project to expand my business?". Kartavya stressed each of his words mocking Vikrant about his choice of words

"He didn't mean to say this........" Ishani said with over sweetness in her  voice while leaning on his mahogany desk.

Kartavya flickered his gaze and fixed it on Ishani, "Who are you? Are you his business partner? Business advisor? major shareholder? What position do you have in his business ventures?.........as far as I remember you have no position in his company and I like to keep my meetings extremely formal, if next time you want to spend some quality time with your friend then better visit a cafe but for the time being Miss Ishani, you can wait outside in the lobby". Kartavya tone was offensive, something which Ishani deserved for taking a jab at Geetanjali previously.

Ishani without any argument gulped the offence and went outside. Vikrant wetted his dried lips in anticipation.
As soon as Ishani left, Kartavya settled his authoritative orbs on Vikrant, squeezing him in his seat.

"Mr. Vikrant (Kartavya leaned back in his chair, his demeanor was as if he owns Vikrant)....... When I asked 'what do you offer? Then this meant what business do you propose with this deal. I didn't ask you to calculate my profit and it will be beneficial enough for you if you keep your thoughts and suggestions limited to your profit......mera itna profit hai ki tum ginte ginte thak jaoge par gin nhi paoge.........aur pata hai sabse bada profit Geetanjali hai mere liye.......now get out because I don't do business with losers who can't even decide who is good for them .......first they lose and then they chase like mad stray dogs" Kartavya spitted venom avenging the humiliation that Vikrant has brought upon himself by touching Geetanjali and threatening Kartavya in the Pushkar fair.

But for Vikrant, his brain was stuck with a single word or to be specific a name 'Geetanjali'. The reason for his insanity, humiliation, anger, frustration, insomnia, everything.........

Vikrant thought indeed Kartavya was correct, he was a fool to let go of Geetanjali first and now no matter how hard he is trying, luck is not in his favour.

FANAA जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें