nine | 9

"Hey!" Yujin slid on your desk, covering the book you were reading.

You clicked your tounge and removed your airpods, looking up at her. "What do you want?"

"I heard there's a coffee shop nearby, should we go visit it?" Her eyes sparkled. "I heard drinks there tastes really great!"

"What coffee shop?"

"Sheep and Sip, or something."

"Its Sip and Sheep." You subconsciously corrected, scanning the page you were reading . "Can you please shut up, this is clima--"

Yujin's eyebrow cocked upwards. "Oh, y'know about it?"

You choked on your spit, quickly looking away from her. "N-No, I just heard about it. Anyway, I'm.. starting to save money so I'll go straight at home later."

"Aw, I see.. Can't treat you either because we're all saving, anyway." Yujin bit her lips. "Are you sure? I heard it has a nice ambiance."

You nodded almost too quick. Good thing is that you can control your expression and not appear too obvious with what you are hiding.

"Yep. You guys can go, I'll just do stuff in my home," You reassured one last time.

That's a lie, of course. To be honest, you really love the drinks and pastries there. In fact, you do order there almost everyday.

Without having direct contact to Yangyang? Here's how — Huang Renjun.

He does the ordering and delivers it to you after class. He's really a good friend and you appreciate him very much. For a short span of time, he opened great conversations with you and you never felt awkward after those.

After class hours, you sat alone at the field, wondering where can you go now that you're alone. Your throat felt dry realizing your friends are sitting over there, sipping on the ice cold drinks you admit being your favourites.

"Damn.. Its not like Yangyang will appear there," You shook your head and sighed. "He won't do that much effort just to tease me."

You decided to just go home like what you claim to do, having a heavy feet while you enter. Upon entering, you saw your mother wearing an enthusiastic smile in her face.

"I cooked your favourite-- bibimbap.." She slowed down when she noticed a slight pout in your lips. "How's school?"

"We did nothing. Just read and learn and whatever," You went straight to the fridge and looked for a cold beverage. "Mom, do we still have stock of an iced coffee?"

"I.. You finished them all during you exam week. Remember?" She blinked her eyes rapidly. "I'll ask your dad to buy some--"

"No, it's fine. I have something I was craving anyway." You shut the fridge's door close, creating some clanking sounds with the condiments inside. "I'll be upstairs."

Your mom watched you go up with slumped shoulders before pausing on what she was doing. "She rarely gets this low energy. Did I do something wrong? Did her dad do something wrong? Or did we-- I guess it's us?"

You locked yourself in your room and blasted your favourite playlist. There's nothing worse than being in a place you don't really want to be. Because you're really not in the mood to go home yet but you have nowhere else to go, not in this moment.

You quickly checked the coffee shop's Facebook Page and scrolled quickly. Deliveries are not yet allowed.

"Ugh, I hate this," You jumped in your bed and kicked the blankets.

What you said with your mother was a lie. It has been a stressful day from school and you just wanted to have a treat, specifically from his cafè.