thirty seven | 37

"My dad hurts me," YangYang took a deep breath and you squeezed his intertwined hands for reassurance.

"You don't have to talk about it."

"You deserve to know," He looked at you, then tilted his neck. Your brows met when you noticed several purple bruise you've never seen before resting on his skin. "I've got all of this because of him. But not all."

You sighed, frowning at him. You let go of his hand for a moment and cupped his cheeks. "I'm sorry I don't know what to say right now. I didn't know you were going through it."

"It never reached this point before, y'know? Him being violent. But I guess time changes people," YangYang closed his eyes, feeling your palms on his.

"The bruises were new.. has he been doing this often?" You carefully asked, trying your best not to sound offending.

"He never does it as often as he do now so, yup, I can confirm that they are all new," He grabbed one of your hand and circled his thumb on the surface of it. "Don't worry. They are healing."

"Tss," You looked away and scowled. "Are they, really? When you fainted, you're so stubborn about resting."

YangYang laughed for a brief moment then became serious when he realized you're indeed being serious. "Alright, I'll just call you when things are too rough, would you heal them for me?"

"Sure, why the hell not?" Without hesitation, you responded. Yangyang just smiled in appreciation.

He continued telling stories about his distress, even awkwardly repeating some of them when you do not reply, simply trying not to trigger him more.

"My mother was always scared to speak up, watching me go through it whenever there is a chance."

You remained silent, listening to his rants.

"I'm not born in a perfect famly. It's almost too wrecked to even be called as one. I'm rich, yes we are. I have all these golden spoon infront of me, but I'd rather starve than have them," He became serious.

You are in disbelief while looking at the first guy you committed a seriousbrelationship with. He's the same person who made your life full of twists. He makes fun of you as if that is his only purpose in this world.

Who would've thought that his bright smile lies heavy stories?

"We've talk about my parents so much, but I wonder why you never doubted about me." Your train of thoughts were cut off when he spoke.

"What about you?" You raised your brow.

"I can be a bad guy," He said in a straight face, making you roll your eyes as an indication that you don't believe what he just he said. "When I get mad, I barely recognize my surroundings. I'm afraid I'll do more harm to your peaceful life, Y/N."

"Yang," You sighed. "I love you."

"Hey.. that's so sudden," He quickly fanned himself, gulping when he felt his throat dry. "And that's supposed to be my line."

"None of the things you said changed my perspective about you," You firmly said, keeping your eye contact.

For the first time, he's the one avoiding your gaze in a flustered state.

-----

It still fazes you how much problem he was hiding all this time. You always thought his family is one of those in highest hierarchy, giving him the best treatment since he is their only son.