sixteen | 16

"Here we go," Yangyang grabbed your bag, putting it in a couch nearby with a sly smile in his face. "Get some apron."

"Where?" You genuinely asked, confused.

"Above you," He grinned.

So you turned your head upwards, head spinning from the confusing mixture of designs and useful cabinets in your view. The guy stood from his seat with a mischievous grin, walking in your direction with his hooded eyes.

You leaned back at the counter, slightly suspecting him. "I kinda have a bad feeling with that face of yours."

"Know me very well, huh?" He was infront of you before you knew it. "It's under you, actually."

"Whe--" You flinched when he pulled an almost invisible handle on your lower right, where your hands drapes lazily. "Oh, its there.. You can move now and I can do it on my own."

Yangyang stayed for a few seconds on the same position. He was infront, hand still gripping the handle, but face directed at yours, looking down at you due to height differences with his eyes sparkling. You know calling this behavior out will make things awkward, or different.

So, you did not.

"How.. How do I.. nevermind," You spun your feet around, your back facing him this time, grabbing the apron as quick as possible. "Personal space. Move."

"This is more than one inch?" He innocently pointed at the distance.

You facepalmed, finally having the courage to throw an attitude. "I will elbow you in your stomach if you keep doing that."

"Stop overreacting, I'm not that close, Y/N," Yangyang laughed shortly.

That, you can't disagree with. He is truly not that close to invade your personal space anyway.

"I won't be able to reach the handle if I'm much farther," Yangyang stepped back, crossing his arms and watching you with amusement as you turn around.

"You could've just told me! To, like, tell me where the aprons are placed. No need to--" You paused yourself.

No need to joke around? Huh, as if that line will affect Yangyang who lived to pester you.

"You were not annoying when I was tutoring you, can't you go back to that state?" You shook your head.

"I mean.. I was determined to take things seriously. I can't evolve to someone I'm not now, this is how I really am, especially with you who has a really short tempe--"

"Shh, stop. Okay. Got it."

Thankfully, the childish debate did not take long as he wore the apron, directing you to the inside of the shop, where the baristas usually make the drinks. Your brows met seeing the place still visible for the customers to see, when you know that usually, most workers are hidden while working.

Yangyang seemed to notice the familiar questioning stare from you and smiled, "I want to let the customers see how their orders are made and prepared. It's quite.. calming."

"How come I never see you?" You paused walking and watch him get off first.

Yangyang poked his tounge in his cheek, his famous habit. "I have a room of my own. That's where I technically hide. I'll show you, once you're.. accepted, or something."

"Oh, so this is not guaranteed?" You crossed your arms.

"Obviously? I can't hire someone who does not have any knowledge about making coffee. Plus girl," He shushed you up by speaking when he saw your mouth already hanging open to defend your side  "You were the one who wishes this. You said you'd willingly accept the price I will pay for tutorting if you will work here. For double price, you will have to work part time here. Do I have to repeat all of that, or do we call Ten?"