Chapter 1

It was cold.

Darkness surrounded you.

Silence.

But then...

'Here! Over here!' An unfamiliar male voice called out.

The sounds of panting and rushed footsteps entered your ears.

'God, Jeongin, what did you do?' another voice sounded.

Once more male and unfamiliar.

'Do? I didn't do anything?! I just happened to find her here,' the first man, apparently called Jeongin, answered irritably.

There was a sudden sound that sounded like a gust of wind, but you didn't feel anything.

'What's up? I was in the middle of something,' another new and slightly lazy voice sounded.

'Jeongin found this girl,' the other voice spoke.

It was silent for a second.

'What do you want me to do about it?' the third voice asked, still annoyed but you could also detect a hint of concern.

Another sound of a gust of wind.

'Sorry I'm late, what's - oh shit,' a fourth new voice appeared.

Again male, again unfamiliar.

'Shit, Hyunjin, do something,' the fourth said.

'Me? Why - how?' The third person, apparently named Hyunjin, asked, slightly panicked.

'You work with people the most out of all of us, help her!' the fourth person replied urgently.

Once more the sound of a gust of wind filled your ears, but you didn't feel anything.

'What happened?' a shocked new voice asked. This voice was extraordinarily low.

'I don't know, I just found her like this,' Jeongin said.

'Can you fix her?' Hyunjin asked, but the person with the low voice made a sound that unmistakably meant no.

Running footsteps.

Two pairs

'Sorry we couldn't find you guys but - what the hell?' a panting voice said in awe.

'Oh shit,' another new voice swore.

'Can you two read it?' The low voice asked.

Silence fell for a while.

'I'm... not sure,' one of the two new voices said hesitantly. 'Seugnmin quit that, you're messing with my reading,' he said, suddenly steady.

'It's... odd,' the other new voice spoke.

'It is, isn't it,' the low voice suddenly whispered.

'What is?' Hyunjin asked.

'There are no animals,' the low voice said ominously. 'Like, none. No birds, no bugs, nothing. Like they fled.'

'Plants don't wanna talk to me either,' another voice said, sounding almost bitter. 'Their vibrations are off,'

Everyone seemed to hold their breath.

'Well, this is new,' one of the newest voices said darkly. Apparently, everyone had been waiting for his answer.

'What is it, Lino?' the previous voice asked.

'It's like... time didn't exist before here. I can't see a future nor a past. It's weird. All I see is her,' the man called Lino answered.