Chapter 41

Ever since that dinner, you felt like you were being watched. Now and then you noticed Chan staring at you a little too long and cautiously, as if he was expecting you to do something again. You even suspected he had asked Felix to keep an eye on you as well. Felix often seemed to pop out of nowhere when you were alone, finding all kinds of excuses to stick around and not leave you to yourself.

But neither of them were anything compared to Minho. Although, he seemed to be following you for an entirely different reason.

Just like Chan and Felix, he seemed to be secretly watching you, popping out of nowhere and lingering around you. However, compared to the slightly anxious and worried looks from Chan and Felix, which were making you uncomfortable and irritated, Minho had a completely different effect on you.

Whenever he was around you, you could feel a sense of eagerness and anticipation, but most of all ... wanting.

There was no inquisitive worry in his eyes, but something else entirely. His gaze reminded you of a predator looking at its prey. Now and then you caught him biting his bottom lip whenever you tucked your hair behind your ear or licking his bottom lip when you sucked on a popsicle.

He wanted you. Badly. And you knew it.

This position of power made you want to experiment, to tease him, and to see how far you could go until he snapped...

You would go out of your way to make Minho jealous. From cuddling the other guys, to sitting in their laps. You would look at Minho and bat your eyelashes at him sweetly. It was hard to hold back your grin whenever you saw him clench his jaw...

 It was hard to hold back your grin whenever you saw him clench his jaw

Your phone rang, the sound echoing through your quiet room. You stretched out your arms, tired from typing on your laptop all night, and answered your phone.

'Hi Adam,' you spoke, having seen his name on the display.

'Hey, y/n, how are you?' he asked politely, his standard way of picking up the phone.

'Good,' you said with a yawn and a stretch, 'Almost finished my homework for the weekend already.'

'Good thinking,' Adam said seriously. 'You don't wanna be studying while hungover.'

'Hungover?' you asked confused.

'Yeah, cuz of the party?' he said, sounding surprised. You slapped your hand on your forehead. The party! Of course! You had almost forgotten about it since Minho had pulled you away from Adam right in the middle of that conversation.

'E-Exactly!' you said quickly, trying to recover.

'Right, anyway, that's actually what I'm calling about,' Adam said with a more serious tone in his voice.

'What's up?' You asked, leaning back on your desk chair, listening.

'I know we never really discussed how you were going to get to the party, and I would've offered to pick you up, but my car broke down again,' he said, sounding grumpy. 'It's in the shop and I won't be able to get it back 'till next Wednesday,' he growled.