Chapter 35

Han and Minho gave you a lift back home that day. You wanted to talk to Minho, and ask him if there was something bothering him, but the mood didn't feel quite right. Han was happily chatting away about something or other and you and Minho simply went along with it.

You had hoped to talk to him when you'd arrive home, but as soon as you entered the house the commotion of daily life with the boys instantly swept the thought from your mind.

'Han, you've got post!' Jeongin called out as the three of you kicked off your shoes and hung your coats.

'Post? For me?' Han spoke, sounding pleasantly surprised. He walked into the kitchen where the Jeongin's voice was coming from. You followed him curiously, walking in on Jeongin holding a giant bouquet of bright-coloured flowers, which was so large that it obstructed most of his features.

'Wow,' the word slipped out of your mouth at the sight of the bright pink, orange and yellow petals.

'You can say that again,' Felix said with a chuckle, walking past you carrying something that closely resembled a large bucket. He put it in the middle of the dining table and turned to Han. 'I couldn't find a vase large enough to fit the bouquet so I guess this'll have to do for now.'

'Holy hell, who'd send you this big a bouquet?' Minho asked surprised as he too stepped into the kitchen. Your attention shifted from the boys to him, remembering in that slight moment the scene from earlier that day.

Han simply chuckled, breaking you from your thoughts again and walked over to Jeongin.

'You can hand them to me now, I'll put them in,' Han offered.

'Thank god, I swear, these are heavier than they look,' Jeongin puffed as he handed Han the bouquet.

'Am home,' Hyunjin's voice shouted from the hallway. All of you made a noise to greet him.

'Wow, who's got a new suitor?' Hyunjin huffed when he saw Han struggle slightly to get all the flowers into the bucket as he walked into the kitchen.

'It's not from a suitor,' Han said as he finally managed to put everything back in. 'Can't you see what these are?'

You took a few steps closer to study the plants but other than them being pretty and colourful flowers, you had no idea. Apparently, neither did the others as they all looked at Han with raised brows. Han sighed.

'They're Zinnia's,' he spoke as if it made absolute sense and explained everything. Han clicked his tongue as everyone still stared at him. 'You guys never listen to me whenever I tell you stuff about plants and flowers do you?' He grumbled.

'Not really,' Jeongin said with a shrug.

'Nope,' Hyunjin said, shaking his head.

'Not at all,' Minho remarked. Felix simply smiled guiltily.

'Ugh, alright Zinnia's are a very resilient and adaptable plant. There are about fourteen different types and-' Han started to explain as he fondly looked at the petals of the flowers.

'Yes- but what do they mean?' Jeongin interrupted impatiently. Han gave him a destructive look but then spoke.

'Thoughts of an absent friend,' He said simply. 'I got them from Hoseok,' he added, pulling a card from between the flowers that none of you had noticed before and showing it to you.

You all nodded understandingly now which only made Han roll his eyes before he started to play with the positioning of the flowers, admiring them like they were made of glass and carefully rearranging them.

'Oh, right, there's something for you too Hyunjin,' Felix suddenly remembered. He walked over to the kitchen counter and picked up a heavy and canvas textured envelope, their address embossed in gold foil and handed it to Hyunjin.