Chapter 40

'It is!' Jeongin insisted.

'No, it's not!' Hyunjin objected.

'Boys, can you stop fighting please and just hand me my breakfast?' you said, irritated by the two bickering men.

Jeongin handed you the pan with fried rice, which you took thankfully.

'Good morning,' Han said cheerfully as he entered the kitchen.

'Morning,' Minho, Changbin, Chan, Seungmin and you echoed back. Hyunjin and Jeongin didn't say anything and sat down in their chairs, both looking annoyed.

'Oh dear, are they at it again?' Han asked, looking wearily from Hyunjin to Jeongin as he sat down next to Seungmin.

'Please don't start,' you said quickly, as you saw Hyunjin opening his mouth to protest.

'You know, you can put an end to this right?' Changbin pleaded with you for the umpteenth time.

'I will not,' you said insistently, having made up your mind long ago. Changbin whined. 'I will not choose a side, Binnie. I'm a Goddess,' you argued. Minho made an odd noise and you looked at him sharply.

'What?' you said.

'Nothing, I didn't say anything,' Minho muttered blankly, not meeting your eyes, but you were sure you had heard him.

'I'm a Goddess,' you repeated firmly, 'and as such, I should remain impartial,' you argued. Minho didn't react this time and loaded his plate.

'Stick to it, y/n,' Chan said wisely, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as Han passed the eggs to him.

'Good morning,' Felix said cheerfully as he entered the kitchen. Everyone greeted him except for Hyunjin and Jeongin, who were still giving each other dirty looks.

'Are you two still fighting?' Felix asked as he sat down next to Chan.

'Yes,' Jeongin said shortly. Felix sighed.

'Can't you just let it go already? Why can't we just get along?' Felix said, running his hand frustratedly through his messy light-brown locks.

'Because someone keeps accusing me of stealing their special power,' Hyunjin said bitterly, rolling his eyes and folding his arms.

'Here we go,' you said, closing your eyes. You knew what was about to come. The conversation had been on repeat for the past few days.

'I never said you stole my powers!' Jeongin growled annoyed. 'I just said that your powers are a lot like mine, and I got them first!'

'They're not alike at all! And I'm older than you!' Hyunjin spat back.

'So? I still got them first, and how is mind reading different from getting people to confess? We both get their real thoughts,' Jeongin argued.

'Maybe I had them before but I just didn't realize it,' Hyunjin retorted, 'and it's not alike at all, because when I ask them they are forced to tell the truth for everyone to hear, while they can still lie to you.'

'Puh, no way you had them before me, and I don't see why you're so afraid to admit our powers are alike. You're such a drama queen,' Jeongin said.

'I'm a drama queen? Who's the one who lost their mind when Seungmin borrowed his laptop without asking? Who's the one who came to me all desperate in the middle of the night last week? Who pretended to be sick for a week when y/n didn't know we were Gods, so we could keep up the facade, and milked it to the point she almost sent you to the hospital?' Hyunjin shouted angrily, standing up.