Chapter 43

An annoying buzzing sound woke you up. You opened your eyes and were greeted by soft lips and closed eyes with long lashes. Minho was still asleep. You smiled at the sight of him sleeping so peacefully. Then that annoying sound interrupted your perfect little moment again. You sat up. You were surprised to see you were in your own bedroom. Normally, you were the one sleeping over in their rooms, but apparently Minho had brought you back to your own room. Something brushed against your fingers and you looked down. Minho was holding your hand. You felt your heart warm, but once again your moment was interrupted by that horrible buzzing sound. You looked around. On your nightstand lay your phone, Adam's name appearing on the screen. You quickly withdrew your hand from Minho's hold, picked up the phone, and tiptoed out of the room as fast as you could.

'Hi Adam,' you said softly, quickly tiptoeing downstairs to the living room, not wanting to disturb any of the others this early in the morning.

'Oh, good, you finally picked up,' Adam's voice sounded relieved.

'Sorry dude, I was still asleep,' you said rubbing your eyes as you entered the dark and empty living room.

'What?' a vague, familiar voice spoke on the other side of the line in the background. Adam made a shushing sound and you frowned, trying to rub the sleep from your eyes.

'You kinda disappeared on us last night, y/n,' Adam said, in a lecturing, brother-like tone. It was clear he had been worried.

'Right,' you said, feeling yourself blush and racking your brain for excuses.

'Mr. Lee- your housemate- he went looking for you,' Adam began, not leaving you any room to explain yet. 'Sera says she saw the two of you leaving but I-'

'Oh, yeah, right,' you said quickly. 'I wasn't feeling too well. I guess I drank too much,' you lied.

'Drank too much?' Adam repeated.

'Yeah, and besides, I saw how much fun you and Sera were having, so I didn't want to interfere you know? Me being your wingwoman and all,' you said quickly, hoping the change of topic would throw him off. 

You heard a familiar giggle in the background. Adam shushed again.

'Is someone there with you?' you asked curiously.

'What? No- I-,'  he sounded, but his sentence was cut off by someone.

'Gimme that,' a familiar female voice spoke. 'Hi y/n,' it's Sera,' Sera's voice sounded through the phone. You looked up in surprise.

'Sorry love, we just wanted to make sure you're alright,' she said quickly and giggly. 'We won't bother you anymore, see you on Monday!' you heard a scratch and a thud as Adam's voice protested in the background.

'Sera, no I-,' he spoke, but his voice got muffled and you heard another giggle before the dial tone sounded. Surprised, you stared at your phone for a bit and started to laugh.

So, Sera was still with him, even though it was the next morning after the party. Clearly you hadn't been the only one who had had an interesting night...

A wooshing sound startled you and you jumped in surprise, wheeling around to locate its source. A dark figure appeared in the corner of the kitchen and for a moment, your heart seemed to stop.