Chapter 17

You knocked on Minho's door.

'Yeah,' his voice sounded slightly flat but you opened the door. Minho was sitting at his desk. His laptop was open and there were papers scattered all over the wooden surface. He was wearing a snapback cap that he had put on backwards to keep his grey hair out of his eyes. It looked good on him.

He looked up, your entrance disturbing his focus, and for a moment he looked surprised.

'Oh, it's you.' he said simply, before returning to scan over the documents.

'Do you have a minute to talk?' You asked warily.

'Hmm.' He hummed, his brows knitting together as he crossed out something on one of the papers before turning to you. 'Okay.'

You went to sit on his bed and he followed your example, coming to sit next to you.

'Lino, I'm really sorry,' you said instantly. You had been dying to say the words for a while now and it was coming out like a flood. 'I should not have said that. It was inconsiderate and mean and stupid and I regretted the moment I did. I was an idiot. I hate that I hurt you. I know you're pissed and you have every right to be. I love you and I was wrong to say that to you. I'm so, so sorry.'

You had to stop to take a breath as you looked at him. Minho looked back at you, his face calm as he listened.

'I forgive you.' He said quietly, casting his eyes down. A balloon of relief swelled up in your chest and you flung your arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

'Anyways, it's not like you said something wrong. You were right. It's true. I can't show any emotion or affection.' Minho whispered. His voice was flat. The balloon in your chest popped and you let go of him.

His face was quite blank again but this time you could see the sadness and pain in his eyes.

'No, Lino, that's not true.' You said quickly, shaking your head.

'No, it is. I'm weird like that, I know.' He said almost in a defeated way.

'No! Lino! That's bull!' you argued a little louder than intended. Minho blinked, slightly startled by your sudden ferocity. But a fire had lit inside of you and you weren't going to allow him to think that way about himself.

'You do show emotion, you do show affection.' You insisted. Minho opened his mouth to interject but you quickly went on. 'It might not be in the same way as the others, I have to admit that, but you do! I mean, every person is different, every person deals and feels differently. Just like how you are the god of Time and Jeongin of Luck. You all have your own qualities. And you show affection in your own way. I mean, think of my alarm clock. I didn't realise it back then but now that I think about it, you probably didn't buy it just because you thought waking me was a hassle.'

Minho's ears turned slightly pink and he looked away from your face over your shoulder.

'See! And all the other things you do as well for me, for the others. You always cook for us when we ask, you always make me my favourite snacks. You pack my lunch when I forget. You comfort me when you know I'm down without even having to ask. You always watch horror movies with Han because he loves them, and I know you hate them. You always go with Binnie to the gym when he asks, never turning him down, even after long days. You let Hyunjin pick your outfits on a night out. You listen to Felix's stories when he's had a hard day. You help Chan with the worst chores. You do loads of stuff that show you love us. And it's good. It's enough. You don't have to say it as the others do. Nor do you have to hug, hold or touch all the time. You show by helping, being there, listening, letting us do what we want.'