Chapter 26

Packing was a lot harder than you thought it would be. You had never packed for anything before, and although you had only been on this earth for about three years, you had never truly realised how much stuff you owned. Clearly, you couldn't pack everything, but you were having a hard time choosing what would be essential to bring along with you and what would be less necessary.

When you had finally decided on all the stuff you wanted to take with you on your bed, you suddenly realised that you did not own a suitcase. Nor did you own big or enough bags to stuff it all into. You looked at your watch; there were only ten minutes left. You hurried out of your room and ran down the stairs. Seungmin was already sitting at the kitchen table, a large duffel bag and a suitcase next to him as he scrolled on his phone and drank tea. Clearly, he was the first one done packing. Just when you reached the foot of the stairs, Felix was coming out of his room, carrying a large backpack and rolling along a suitcase on its wheels.

You sprinted towards Hyunjin and knocked on his door.

'Yes?' his voice sounded, and you quickly entered. Usually, Hyunjin's room looked like an art/fashion bomb had exploded, with art supplies and clothes everywhere. But right now, it was as if you had never truly seen his furniture before. His room was spotless, and his three suitcases were packed and ready as he was hoisted off his bed.

'Jinnie, do you have a spare suitcase for me, please?' you asked desperately.

'Oh, no, sorry honey,' he said as he looked up surprised. 'I've already given my spare one to Changbin.'

You swore under your breath.

'You could ask Chan and Han if they have any spare bags, maybe?' Hyunjin suggested. His face looked a little sheepish, and he clearly regretted not being able to help you.

'Right, thanks,' you said quickly as you dashed off again.

In five minutes, you had managed to ask all the guys for their biggest spare bags and brought them back to your room. Frantically you started shoving all of your stuff into the bags, not minding the possibility of stuff breaking, leaking or wrinkling.

At 5.13, you were standing in the kitchen with your five bags barely closed, panting and puffing, and sure, you probably had forgotten something important.

'Impressive,' Hyunjin admitted as he put his arm around your shoulder and wiped the sweat from your forehead with his sleeve.

'Alright, everyone ready?' Chan asked with his own backpack on his back, one hand clutching the handle of his mid-size suitcase and the other holding his beloved laptop.

Everyone nodded.

'Y/n, who will you go with?' Chan asked.

'She can come with me,' Jeongin said as he pulled you out of Hyunjin's arm, making him slightly lose his balance. You gave a curt nod, letting them know it was alright.

'Right,' Chan said. 'And remember, guys, 15-second intervals before you can go, okay?'

They all nodded again, as did you, although you weren't sure what he was talking about.

'Right, Lino, it's go time,' Chan spoke. Lino nodded, grabbing his suitcase and disappearing with the sound of a gusting wind. Chan checked his watch, as did some of the others.

'Next,' Chan said after 15 seconds. Changbin hoisted a bag so big over his shoulder that it could easily fit himself in it before disappearing with that same whooshing sound.

Next was Hyunjin, Han, and then Felix, all at 15-second intervals. Seungmin went next, and then it was only Chan, Jeongin and you.

'You guys go next; I'll go last,' Chan said with a nod. Jeongin nodded curtly as well. He hoisted his backpack over his shoulder, as did you, and he managed to get two of your large stuffed bags in each of his unexpectedly strong arms. You took the last bag and grabbed Jeongin's suitcase in your free hand.