Chapter 24

You stared at Chan's face as he slept. He looked too perfect like that. His expression so peaceful.

He had very sweetly taken care of you afterwards. Taking you to the shower with him and giving you a moment of privacy as you cleaned yourself, though never leaving the room. However, when you had come out of the shower and seen his face, you had known immediately what he had been thinking.

'Don't' you had told him off, irritably.

'I-' Chan had begun with an apologetic face but you wouldn't hear it.

'Chan, I swear to god if you ruin this for me by apologising for having my first time with me I will personally kick you back through that stupid door in the basement you came from,' you had growled.

Chan had chuckled sheepishly but hadn't said anything.

Instead, he had just awkwardly taken you into his arms and put you to bed before coming to lie next to you.

He hadn't had to say anything as you could read in his eyes the post-nut clarity he had been having and the guilt that had filled him.

Not wanting to ruin the most perfect moment of your life, you had snuggled into his chest until his breath had become slow and steady.

You stared at his features in the dark.

You were still feeling blissful from what had just happened. Chan's mood hadn't ruined it.

Though you did feel bad for him.

You wished he would look back on it the same as you did instead of going back to tormenting himself.

The Chan who had been angry with you, the one who had kissed you so passionately, the one who had made love to you like an animal in heat, that was the Chan you wished to see. A free man, not chained to any guilt or sadness or self-hatred.

You wanted to help him. Wanted to do something for him. Anything at all. Wished you knew how you could cure him.

The seven lights moved together

You watched them as usual.

But you were starting to get impatient.

You knew it wasn't time yet.

But oh how you longed to be in their midst.

One of the lights was chasing another playfully. Careful not to be seen by the lesser lights. Them playing together was your favourite thing to watch.

Something alerted you and you tore your gaze from them.

A bright light passed you in the in-between.

It could not see you. They never could, as they were slightly different from you.

Curiously, you watched the bright light passing, wondering if this was the last piece of the puzzle you had been waiting for.