Chapter 29

For the remainder of the hike, the boys stayed close to you as if they feared someone else would come and try to steal you away again. However, they didn't mention it again, nor asked any more questions, and their overall behaviour went back to normal.

By the time you arrived back at the hotel, it was already starting to get dark outside. Everyone went back to their own rooms quickly to take a shower and change before dinner time.

Instead of having dinner at the usual dining hall, Felix had made a reservation to have dinner in the restaurant part of the hotel. This area contained a beautiful balcony which would give an incredible view of the fields, buildings, and beach below.

As usual, you were the first one to arrive. Although now almost dark outside, it was still warm, and you walked up to the balcony to admire the beautiful view. Barely having set foot outside, you were suddenly plagued by that prickly feeling again, right below your hairline. You walked slightly slower, spotting two people leaning on the railing of the balcony, their backs turned to you. One of them was a man wearing a short-sleeved shirt, exposing an arm full of tattoos. You remembered him from earlier, having seen him with Jimin's group, but not remembering his name.

You looked at the person beside you and stopped dead in your tracks. There was a woman standing beside him. She was about the same height as you were, with long dark red hair that fell to her hips. It wasn't her appearance that made you stop.

As if she knew, the woman turned her head to look over her shoulder and spotted you. She smiled broadly at you, and you could only stare. She said something to the man she was with, he simply nodded, and she turned away from him, walking over to you.

'Come,' she said, friendly and softly to you, nodding her head to the other side of the balcony. Still not saying anything, you walked with her to the far-right corner of the balcony. Casually the woman leaned back on the railing, her kind, dark chocolate eyes on you as she smiled.

You blinked a few times as she seemed to be waiting for something. Then you realised she was waiting for you.

'You're...' you began, your voice almost a croak. You cleaned your throat and tried again. 'You're... You're like me,' you whispered.

The woman nodded with a smile.

'How- I mean- What- I mean- why- I- I' you stammered, as millions of questions flooded your head simultaneously. The woman chuckled.

'How many years?' the woman asked, friendly. Although it was a vague question, you instantly understood what she meant.

'Three and a half, four almost,' you spoke breathlessly. You simply felt in awe of her presence. The woman raised her eyebrows, impressed.

'Impressive. You're very advanced for your age,' she said, smiling.

'I- I am?' you said, feeling yourself blush. The woman nodded calmly, but your insides felt like a storm raging within.

'But... what am I?' you managed to get out, feeling desperate for answers.

'First things first, let us not forget our Human manners,' the woman laughed and stuck her hand out. 'I'm Lady; nice to meet you,' she spoke.

'I'm y/n,' you said hastily, bowing slightly as you took her hand with both of yours.

'Well, y/n,' the woman began, letting go of your hand, 'I can see you have many questions, so ask away,'

'What am I?' you asked instantly, the question burning inside you. Lady smiled again and thought for a moment.

'Have you found your group yet?' she asked in return. You nodded eagerly. 'And what did you find?' You frowned for a moment, thinking about her question.