Chapter 36

You were quite looking forward to Hyunjin's art crash course. Especially since you hadn't seen much of the boys lately. Ever since you came back from your vacation, the guys seemed busier than ever, like they were trying to make up for the time they had missed. Chan especially seemed to only have time to show up for dinner these days, while normally he'd only work at night. Not wanting to bother him, you didn't ask too many questions, as you knew the subject would make him uncomfortable. Felix also seemed busier than ever, skipping the sit-down for breakfast and often simply grabbing something from the table before kissing your head and running out again, only to return just in time for dinner.

Jeongin was the only one who seemed like his schedule wasn't fully packed, so you spent most of your time with him.

'Binnie, come sit down with us,' Jeongin gestured as Changbin walked by as the two of you were sitting together on the couch, watching tv.

'Can't. Gotta run. Work,' Changbin spoke quickly, giving you a short smile and nod before he ran off to the hallway.

'What, again? Did all the fires wait during our vacation so you could put them out now?' Jeongin huffed, verbalizing your thoughts.

'Very funny,' Changbin shouted sarcastically from the hallway. You could hear him stumbling, indicating he was slipping on his shoes and coat. 'Love you y/n!' he yelled, but before you could even respond, you could already hear the front door open and close.

Jeongin shook his head and tutted.

'They'll be acting like all of them gotta save the world. It's just their job for crying out loud. We're gods for heaven's sake. I don't get what their fuss is all about,' he shook his head and let himself slump down on the couch.

'They like their jobs though,' you defended them.

'Yeah, but I like my job too, but ain't no way I'm working extra hours to make up for the time I missed when I was away. I mean, that's what vacations are for, right? Not to work extra hard after,' Jeongin grumbled, patting his lap as a way of telling you to come to sit with him. You scooted over to him, settling between his legs and resting your back against his front, his head on top of yours.

'Well, maybe you'll someday find something that you think will be worth working overtime for,' you tried, looking up at him. Jeongin gave a sound that was a mix between a huff and a laugh.

'Gosh, I'd rather not, no thank you. Besides, I got you,' He spoke, wrapping his arms around you and hugging you tight for a moment, poking a finger in your side which made you squeal and wiggle in his grasp. 'I'd much rather stay home and spend time with you,' he spoke sweetly, settling his chin on your shoulder after you calmed down. 'Finally got you all to myself,' he hummed softly. His words tickled your spine and left your ears burning.

His face stayed there, right next to yours, his hands resting casually on your upper thighs. You could hardly focus on whatever was playing on tv as Jeoning's hands seemed to burn through your entire body. You could feel his calm steady heartbeat in his chest, not at all seeming to take any notice of your rapidly pounding one. His breathing was calm and steady, the warmth of it now and then brushing your ear. You swallowed, your head feeling like it was spinning and the rage of butterflies in your stomach seemed to have awoken once again.

Your mind was racing, trying to find ways to convey to him what it was you wanted. You opened and closed your mouth, but the right words didn't come to mind. Suddenly he withdrew one of his hands and without thinking you grabbed it mid-air.

'What-?' Jeongin said, his voice sounding confused and you could feel his chin lifting from your shoulder. Both your hands were now weirdly floating mid-air, your hand holding his in an odd position.