Chapter 30

You were sitting at the middle of the table; Lady sat across you, with both her and your boys by your sides.

'So, you're a Goddess too! Congrats!' Jimin said cheerfully, raising his empty wine glass as if he was toasting on you.

'You're talking as if it's something you become,' Lady said, rolling her eyes.

'What? It's something to be proud of, right?' Jimin said defensively.

'Fair,' Lady said, winking at you, and you giggled.

'So, you're a Goddess too?' Chan, who was sitting on your right-hand side, asked.

'I am,' Lady said dignifiedly, raising her chin slightly.

'But I'm guessing there is some kind of difference between Gods and Goddesses? I mean, since I know y/n is different from as,' Chan suggested.

'We are different from you, yes. We don't have powers in the same way you do, but we come from the same place,' Lady said.

'Then, what is it you do?' Changbin asked curiously.

'You'll find out,' Lady said with a mysterious smile. 'But we do have one fun power that you guys don't have,' she said, looking at you.

At that moment, the door opened, and all of you looked around. Hyunjin came walking into the room. He stopped for a moment when he saw all of you seated together, raised his eyebrows but then walked over to go and sit next to Jeongin at the end of the table.

'Erm... Did I miss anything?' Hyunjin said as everyone looked at him silently.

'Oh, not much, just that y/n is a Goddess, like her,' Jeongin said, pointing to Lady, 'and that these guys are Gods too, like us.' He spoke casually like it was the most normal case in the world, but his mischievous grin gave him away.

'Wait, what?' Hyunjin said, raising his brows so high that they disappeared under his pink locks.

'Yeah, but shush now, she was gonna tell us their secret powers,' Jeongin said eagerly. Hyunjin blinked a few times as if he had just been struck in the face, and it was hard not to chuckle at his baffled expression.

'Y/n,' Lady said, drawing all attention to you, 'you wanna give them a demonstration of what we specifically can do?' You didn't have to ask what she was referring to and instantly nodded, looking at the tattooed guy, feeling slightly nervous.

He had messy black hair and large dark eyes that burrowed into your soul as he stared back at you.

'Chaos,' you said. The guys from the other group all oooh'd, and some even clapped.

'Uh, yeah, that's right,' The god said. 'My name is Jungkook, God of Chaos,' he said with a polite nod.

'Oh, do me! Do me!' the god sitting next to him said eagerly. It was the god you had seen a few times before, the one who seemed to radiate light and whose laugh was simply addictive.

'Erm...' you said, thinking for a moment. The god sat up straight, and his face became serious as his golden-brown eyes locked intently with yours.

'Happiness,' you spoke the words, barely even realising them. The god cheered, laughed, and clapped his hands, as did the others.

'Perfect!' he laughed. 'Yes, I'm the God of Happiness. You can call me Hoseok or Hobi,' he said happily.

You moved to the broad-shouldered man sitting next to him. His eyes were a mesmerising deep blue-green, and his dark hair gave off a bluish sheen underneath the LED lights.