Chapter 31

You barely even noticed the first rays of sunshine that had begun to creep over the horizon. Instead, you were listening to Hyunjin explaining to Namjoon, Jimin and Jungkook how his powers benefited his job.

'So, we can detect preferences for what they like, right?' Hyunjin said, looking at Jimin, who nodded. 'It's fairly easy, it's not just their levels of pheromones, and I mean, love is not necessarily something between two people. It can be love for pets, friends, the things they like to do, etc.,' Hyunjin explained, and Jimin nodded, agreeing. Jungkook nodded along with a movement that looked more like an automatic imitation of his fellow God and showed that he understood what Hyunjin was trying to explain. 'I mean, we can tell any preference people have, makes it easy to pick an artwork for them, isn't it,' Hyunjin said with a nonchalant shrug, but his smile held a hint of smugness.

'I totally get that,' Jimin nodded, 'It's the same I do for the service I provide in my hotels,'

'Yeah, about that,' Jeongin said, turning his chair towards the group. 'I was wondering how hard it would be to run your own hotel.'

'Not as hard as he makes it seem,' Hoseok called with a giggle from a little further down the table, apparently having caught a part of the sentence. Jimin looked at him with an expression that bore a mixture of annoyance and sassiness.

Minho came over, tapping Jungkook on the shoulder as Jimin and Jeongin continued their conversation about running a hotel, Jeongin seemingly fascinated.

'About Chaos, I was wondering, how are you with Time?' Minho asked Jungkook. Jungkook blinked his big eyes a few times, tearing himself from Jimin and Jeongin's conversation and looking up at Minho.

'Time?' Jungkook repeated. Minho nodded. 'Right, erm, I'm not sure if Chaos does affect it too much. Ohh, but there was this one instance where-'

A sudden warm hand on your shoulder startled you and pulled you out of the conversation. You looked around, and Changbin was standing next to you, looking down at you with a soft smile. He bent over, his mouth close to your ear.

'You're tired,' he said softly.

'How did you-' you began, quite surprised that he had seemed to have noticed it before you yourself had.

'Lowers your body temp,' he answered softly. You nodded slowly, suddenly shivering as you noticed you were actually kind of cold too.

'Let me take you to bed,' he offered with a whisper. His words made your tummy flutter slightly, but you tried to ignore it.

On the one hand, you wanted to stay longer. Stay with all of them and hear all of their conversations that were simply too interesting, with many revealing things about them you hadn't even known yet. But on the other hand, you saw the daylight creeping in slowly, meaning it had to be dawn already. You were tired, and some of the others probably were, too, even though they were having too much fun as well to notice. Someone had to be the first.

You got up and went to stand next to Changbin.

'Guys, I'm off to bed,' you stated loudly, trying to make yourself audible over their chatter and laughter. Chan, who had been talking with Yoongi about his job as a music producer for the last few hours, looked up surprised. Felix, Han and Seungmin, who had been talking with Hoseok, Jin, Taehyung, and Lady, almost seemed startled by getting pulled out of their deep conversation. Hyunjin, Jimin, Minho, Namjoon, Jeongin and Jungkook, who had been sitting closest, looked up interestedly.

'Right, who's-,' Felix said vaguely.

'I'll take her,' Changbin said with a nod. The rest of the guys nodded as well and then bid you goodnight with a wave or a sweet smile.